Page 3 of 3 [ 40 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 8:58 pm

No, but the tooth fairy, easter bunny and the sandman do.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 10:23 pm

anneurysm wrote:
No, but the tooth fairy, easter bunny and the sandman do.
:lol:

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 11:26 pm

Ha ha.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Kaybee
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 11:34 pm

Oh, definitely. Hidden away in the middle of nowhere with only the company of his wife (whom I suspect may be a bit Aspie herself!) all the time, only venturing out into human territory one day a year, and then he doesn't even socialize with them! Spending all his time making a list, checking it twice--obsessive, much? Then there's that strange, Aspergian sort of charisma he's got going: Children just adore him, but adults find him a liiitle unusual.

On a more serious note...

Rainbow-Squirrel wrote:
Nope, Santa Clausa exists to give, Aspies give almost nothing.

Bullsh**.

AceOfSpades
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2010, 11:57 pm

flamingshorts wrote:
He had a ritual of handing out packages every year. Kept meticulous lists of children. That would raise eyebrows these days. Lived in an isolated shack. Had an unkempt beard and wore strange clothes (think 70s disco gone wrong). He was kind of like the Unabomer in a lot of ways. Not many know but he was obsessed about Star Wars when he was a kid and wouldnt shut up about it.

I feel so naughty posting this but Im blaming Asperger's for the obsessive behaviour. :)
He also seems to lack the ability to understand social boundaries since he likes to sneak into people's houses without their permission LOL.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 12:34 am

And why is he allowed to break entries?

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

katzefrau
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 3:34 am

pensieve wrote:
I'll nominate this for best thread of all time.

yup.

and this, best response of all time:

Dilbert wrote:
Santa Claus:An Engineers Perspective

I. There are approximately two billion children (persons under 18 ) in the world. However, since Santa does not visit children of Muslim, Hindu, Jewish or Buddhist religions, this reduces the workload for Christmas night to 15% of the total, or 378 million (according to the Population Reference Bureau). At an average (census) rate of 3.5 children per house hold, that comes to 108 million homes, presuming that there is at least one good child in each.

II. Santa has about 31 hours of Christmas to work with, thanks to the different time zones and the rotation of the earth, assuming he travels east to west (which seems logical). This works out to 967.7 visits per second. This is to say that for each Christian household with a good child, Santa has around 1/1000th of a second to park the sleigh, hop out, jump down the chimney, fill the stockings, distribute the remaining presents under the tree, eat whatever snacks have been left for him, get back up the chimney, jump into the sleigh and get on to the next house.

Assuming that each of these 108 million stops is evenly distributed around the earth (which, of course, we know to be false, but will accept for the purposes of our calculations), we are now talking about 0.78 miles per household; a total trip of 75.5 million miles, not counting bathroom stops or breaks. This means Santa's sleigh is moving at 650 miles per second --- 3,000 times the speed of sound. For purposes of comparison, the fastest man-made vehicle, the Ulysses space probe, moves at a poky 27.4 miles per second, and a conventional reindeer can run (at best) 15 miles per hour.

III. The payload of the sleigh adds another interesting element. Assuming that each child gets nothing more than a medium sized Lego set (two pounds), the sleigh is carrying over 500 thousand tons, not counting Santa himself. On land, a conventional reindeer can pull no more than 300 pounds. Even granting that the "flying" reindeer could pull ten times the normal amount, the job can't be done with eight or even nine of them--- Santa would need 360,000 of them. This increases the payload, not counting the weight of the sleigh, another 54,000 tons, or roughly seven times the weight of the Queen Elizabeth (the ship, not the monarch).

IV. 600,000 tons traveling at 650 miles per second creates enormous air resistance --- this would heat up the reindeer in the same fashion as a spacecraft re-entering the earth's atmosphere. The lead pair of reindeer would absorb 14.3 quintillion joules of energy per second each. In short, they would burst into flames almost instantaneously, exposing the reindeer behind them and creating deafening sonic booms in their wake.

The entire reindeer team would be vaporized within 4.26 thousandths of a second, or right about the time Santa reached the fifth house on his trip.

Not that it matters, however, since Santa, as a result of accellerating from a dead stop to 650 m.p.s. in .001 seconds, would be subjected to centrifugal forces of 17,500 g's. A 250 pound Santa (which seems ludicrously slim) would be pinned to the back of the sleigh by 4,315,015 pounds of force, instantly crushing his bones and organs and reducing him to a quivering blob of pink goo.

Therefore, if Santa did exist, he's dead now.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2010, 6:53 am

i dunno about the original sinter klaus having it, but this department store santa [moi] sure does have it.