UK Did u watch 'Autistic me' on bbc 3?

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

wob182
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

26 Aug 2009, 6:51 pm

Marsian wrote:
Too right!

I think that Tom's Mum treated Tom as his emotional age instead of his intellectual age.

My parents always used to try to stop me doing what I wanted to do when I was a teenager and I rebelled to the max because of it.

I think it's better to have some freedom, make mistakes and learn from them because otherwise you end up blaming your parents for your problems instead of taking responsibility.

the thing is what u said before bout glad you wernt dignosed early so your parents wernt overprotective, i was dignosed at 18 and since 15 because i had been dignosed with a anxiety disorder they were treating me like a disabled, naive thing
and wen i got dignosed they went from denying it saying it wasnt true, to completely treating me like i had the mental age of 11, its incredibly fustrating, i have more meltdowns then ever and they look like tantrums i try to explain what it is but they are so stuck thinking 'naughty child' plus they didnt read up enough about aspergers they think i have down syndrome or something

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

27 Aug 2009, 12:31 am

I've seen the documentary via a private UK television torrent website. I think the favorite segment of The Austistc Me is the person who has a job in the British Library, who is under a temporary contract. When he done with the job, he'll have to find another one.

That said, most aspies in the Western world are unemployed, even though they want to work.

P.S. Don't hold your breath for a international version of the BBC iPlayer, the closest one would model the BBC America's programing, which is severely limited to entertainment and daytime lifestyle programs, not for it's many documentaries.