Page 7 of 7 [ 106 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 11:26 am

Quote:
donkeys never get a look in

Well, not every girl ignores or dislikes donkeys; or at least I don't: in fact, I actually like donkeys, too; and the same goes for zebras. In fact, I like equines in general, and I never understood why other girls ignored or disliked donkeys. I've always thought they're very nice animals, and I still don't understand why most of the people believe donkyes are stupid; they live near my house as well as horses, and I've always considered them equally.

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 11:38 am

I was never into horses. I was more into trains when I was aged 4-7. Then I was into jungles (and The Jungle Book) when I was 7-9. And I was into Sonic the Hedgehog and other Sega games when I was 8-12. Then after that it was men.

But when I was a child under 13, I never had obsessions. They were just general interests. What I am into now is what I would call obsessions!

Kairi96
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Sep 2012, 11:41 am

Quote:
I was more into trains when I was aged 4-7

Trains aren't uncommon obsessions, too; a lot of boys and girls were obsessed with trains when I was at primary school(they were NTs).

Quote:
But when I was a child under 13, I never had obsessions. They were just general interests.

Again, the opposite happened to me; my obsessions were stronger when I was a child.

LtlPinkCoupe
Veteran
Veteran

18 Sep 2012, 2:32 pm

Kairi96 wrote:
Quote:
donkeys never get a look in

Well, not every girl ignores or dislikes donkeys; or at least I don't: in fact, I actually like donkeys, too; and the same goes for zebras. In fact, I like equines in general, and I never understood why other girls ignored or disliked donkeys. I've always thought they're very nice animals, and I still don't understand why most of the people believe donkyes are stupid; they live near my house as well as horses, and I've always considered them equally.
I like donkeys, too - I really liked Donkey from the "Shrek" movies when they were popular. He was funny. :lol:

"IT'S NOT FAIR!" "Life isn't fair, Calvin." "I know, but why isn't it ever unfair in MY favor?" ~ from Calvin and Hobbes

Amanda52
Emu Egg
Emu Egg

06 May 2023, 6:51 am

Yes from when I was very little. Drew them, thought about them constantly, watched old westerns just to look at the horses. Whenever going somewhere by car, watched out the window for a glimpse of a horse (countryside it in a city). Would’ve given my right arm for a horse .. finally got one when I was 10.

Wasn’t interested in dolls. Rather play with cats. Only found out now at 53 I’m Aspie. But so much is a revelation now .. astounding how everything makes sense now

autisticelders
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 7:12 am

yes, from age 4 to present, 50 years of keeping, raising, training, all sorts of horses, riding instructor, boarding stable , barn rat, rescuing abused horses in between, I was so lucky!
I was never rich but I was motivated to find ways to be with horses all my life.
Now we live in town my primary interest is autism in older adults , I was diagnosed as autistic at age 68 and I will be 72 later this year.

"Curiosity is one of the permanent and certain characteristics of a vigorous intellect.” Samuel Johnson

Joe90
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 7:24 am

I was the only girl in my class NOT obsessed with horses when I was a kid.

funeralxempire
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:07 am

When I was young a lot of my friends were girls who were obsessed with horses. :nerdy:

TwilightPrincess
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:09 am

I was obsessed with horses. My best friend had horses and we went riding often.

IsabellaLinton
Veteran
Veteran

06 May 2023, 11:31 am

I knew an autistic man who was obsessed with the idea of girls and horses but that's another story.

I had horses and a Shetland on my grandfather's property when I was young.
I did equine trauma therapy as an adult and I still ride occasionally.