Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 3:52 am

http://www.ted.com/talks/rebecca_saxe_h ... ments.html

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

22 Sep 2009, 7:58 am

Talking about ToM topic

Interesting. Jean Piaget did a similar thing on children's moral development.

I am a bit skeptical about her transcranial magnetic probing that supposedly manipulates neurons responsible for moral responses of an adult's brain. :P Seems a bit like that psychological experiment of Stanley Milgram's on punishment done in the 50s that was an expose of NT manipulation of authority to coerce slavish behaviours via "electric shocks" to "victims." In other words, there is no TM probing, but Ms. Saxe is still going to use it in order to get science funding. :P

More NT manipulation. :roll:

I was able to listen to the video when the visuals on the web page malfunctioned. :lol: Usually, my computer cannot run videos because the virtual memory is very low.

Yet more NT manipulation?? :P

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

wildgrape
Toucan
Toucan

22 Sep 2009, 9:04 am

Thanks for posting this fascinating talk. Studying the brain in this manner only began 15 years ago and progress in astonishing, and we have so much more yet to learn.

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

23 Sep 2009, 5:01 am

The talk about their new idea was cut so I couldn't see it. But it sounds scary...

Sarafina7
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

24 Sep 2009, 5:51 am

Greentea wrote:
The talk about their new idea was cut so I couldn't see it. But it sounds scary...

What new idea?

Greentea
Veteran
Veteran

24 Sep 2009, 6:39 am

What SartreSue mentions in her post above. Sue was fortunate to be able to watch the entire lecture.