Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Jerry123
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

28 Oct 2009, 12:29 pm

as a person suspected with asperger syndrome, I feel that my eye contact is getting a bit better. can this happen?

wigglyspider
Veteran
Veteran

28 Oct 2009, 2:15 pm

Yeah, lots of people improve their skills at that kind of thing as they get older. :3

Mmmph

28 Oct 2009, 3:06 pm

I've been working on my eye contact, too (I was really bad about it growing up) ! I've been training myself. The best time is at work, so I can try it on various people.

oppositedirection
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2009, 8:31 am

Learn to handle the pressure that eye contact brings and it can improve. Still something I can only very rarely do though.

'An ideal of total self-sufficiency. That secret smile may be the Buddha's but it is monstrous seen on a baby's face. To conquer craving is indeed to conquer pain, but humanity goes with it. That my autistic daughter wanted nothing was worst of all.' Park

Friday
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

29 Oct 2009, 8:39 am

In Asia, do not make eye contact during a conversation, or even in daily life, is very very normal. Looking at someone in the eye may be considered impolitely.
Don't worry about eye contact :wink:

JohnnyD017
Raven
Raven

29 Oct 2009, 10:55 am

I had some problems with eye contact when i was younger, not huge but they were still noticeable. Im fine with it now and I dont even think about it anymore. it's like the problem just suddenly fixed itself. Kinda weird... Is that what happens to most people?

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2009, 11:12 am

Yes. I think i've improved a little bit.. sometimes i'll notice that without realizing it i was looking at someone's face while they were talking, but then when i notice it it makes me think about it, and thinking about it makes me more nervous, and i'll look away, heh.

Age1600
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2009, 1:42 pm

yes very much so, i noticed my eye contact is getting a lot better as well, i can thank sign language due to that, its not always the best but im amazed now how i can look ppl in the eyes at times, it takes practice.

Keith
Veteran
Veteran

29 Oct 2009, 1:58 pm

Sometimes I just don't bother blatantly. When I do make eye contact, it's seen as offensive or something because I do it intensely