Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

15 Nov 2009, 11:05 pm

As the plain subject of this post suggests, tomorrow is going to be fun. There is an adult social held at Oakland University, in Michigan, from 6 pm to 9 pm for individuals, 19 and up, with HFA, Asperger's and PDD-NOS. I e-mailed the people sponsoring it and asked if you have to diagnosed to attend. They replied that one does not have to be diagnosed to go. I am happy because now I have something to do tomorrow. :) I think it'll be interesting and fun.

I know that if you meet one Aspie, you've met one Aspie, but I hope it'll be fun and that'll I'll be able to relate to the other people. :)

On another note.

The psychologist, who lives near me and specializes in diagnosing AS, is on vacation until this Thursday, but I plan on calling her Friday and telling her what kind of assessment I want. I really hope she takes my insurance, because if she does that means I could have a diagnosis by Christmas. :D

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

16 Nov 2009, 1:24 pm

Cool! I hope you have fun :)
Some aspies can be quite nice, but some may be very withdrawn and secluded. They might pretend that they like talking to you, but inside think that you're annoying. I think it's a learned thing, and it's not very pleasant, so just to warn you... don't be too enthusiastic around them (even though you might become much more outgoing around them, like I did). This only happened to me once, a long time ago, but it might happen to you, too...

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

theLilAsimov
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

16 Nov 2009, 2:52 pm

Thank you for the response. I don't plan on being outgoing, I just plan on being quiet and such. :)