I feel like I lost general interest in life

Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 4:16 pm

I was struggling, especially been in a rut since school ended years ago. Several whole years, I was stuck in this rut.

*All my former friends or acquaintances left me behind or ignore me if I send requests on Facebook. This gets me down sometimes.

*I lack a real job and job experiences.

*I can't/don't drive, yet, and don't have my own car.

*I lost all my hobbies and interests I grew up on.

*I feel more disabled than I did before, I don't like listening to my voice on recordings, and I have poor posture and stability.

*I sit inside on the computer all day unless I'm going out with my girlfriend on weekends, or community integration services on weekdays (and their damn rules).

*I feel like my disabilities are preventing me from achieving goals, I had autistic inertia kick in with even the smallest goals.

*I am unproductive and vent all my issues out on internet forums and chat rooms, I want to talk to people in real life.

*I have no friends, even though I aspire to study more social skills.

I just feel overwhelmed. I just need help improving my lot, I think one of the big things standing in my way is autistic inertia, or having trouble getting things started.

starfox
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 6:20 pm

You can certainly improve. Sometimes being low can have an opposite effect and give you a boost lol.

I cannot be of more help I'm afraid but it's certainly possible (but not easy ) to get things you want.

Take things very slowly though and expect you will not always be going a step forward, you might take 2 steps back but that's the process to improvement.

Do you get any support for your disabilities? I'd say don't be ashamed to ask for support if it's needed no matter what it is.

I don't drIve and never will out of choice, also its too damn expensive. I could do much more with that money lol

Destruction and creation are 2 sides of the same coin.

IDoH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2015, 6:57 pm

Do something structured during the day. Volunteer, or get a paid job. Even a day program for disabled adults can help, but that can be disempowering at times, even if it's better than feeling like this.

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 7:25 pm

I have a volunteer somewhere, but it's only one day a week.

LivingInParentheses
Veteran
Veteran

04 Nov 2015, 7:47 pm

I didn't learn how to drive until I was 24. I was pretty scared of learning. Now it's one of my greatest joys. I drive when I overload or meltdown or have a bad day. It's practically a stim for me. Maybe you'll decide to learn someday and love it too. Never too late. :)

IDoH
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Nov 2015, 8:39 pm

K_Kelly wrote:
I have a volunteer somewhere, but it's only one day a week.

Any way to increase that at all?

K_Kelly
Veteran
Veteran

05 Nov 2015, 6:00 am

I do't think so. How can I prove to my parents that I do't need someone else to structure my day. I will never be totally free unless my community integration time is cut back or eliminated. I feel so disempowered.

My parents won't let me do anything. I was deprived as a teen od learning most living skills now.