Psychiatrist today asked if I believe in aliens.

Page 1 of 4 [ 59 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:13 pm

And what that has to do with anything Aspergers is . . . :?:

It is something it is entertaining to listen to peoples' stories about.
But so far no one has told me, "Hi studly, I'm an alien, here's my number, let's go out Saturday night, we can take my ride"

Dragonfly_Dreams
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

22 Dec 2009, 8:15 pm

I'd think that question would be to see if you're having delusions.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:17 pm

Given the scope of the universe, I would consider it delusional if someobne didnt

righton
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

22 Dec 2009, 8:20 pm

I believe extraterrestrial life exists. I do not believe in little gray dudes that kidnapped Elvis.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:24 pm

Eggman wrote:
Given the scope of the universe, I would consider it delusional if someobne didnt

That's what I was thinking..

Of course, it depends on how the question was asked.. Simply "do you believe in aliens?" leaves room for a logical explanation about the probability of life having developed on another planet somewhere in the universe as well as a rant about how they kidnapped you and put computer chips in your brain.. There are at least some psychiatrist who realize that why someone gives a particular answer to a question is usually more important than the actual answer that they give.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

righton wrote:
I believe extraterrestrial life exists. I do not believe in little gray dudes that kidnapped Elvis.

Obviously, they were green.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

Speaking of alien kidnapping, I might well take the bait if the pick up line went something like "Hey handsome, I'm bored with kidnapping humans, how about for a change of pace you kidnap me." :twisted:

Last edited by southwestforests on 22 Dec 2009, 8:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

southwestforests
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:28 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
There are at least some psychiatrist who realize that why someone gives a particular answer to a question is usually more important than the actual answer that they give.

What I said was, how do you mean believe - people use that differently. And as far as aliens, either there are or there are not, those are the only two options.

Zsazsa
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:33 pm

southwestforests wrote:
Psychiatrist today asked if I believe in aliens."[/i]

Sure...what about all those illegal "aliens" coming over the Mexican border into the USA?

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:43 pm

I hope it's ok for me to ask you this, tho did you ask him/her why? It seems to be an odd question to me as well.

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:44 pm

Eggman wrote:

Until you find them, they do not.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:47 pm

Well in the sense they are not aliens until they leave their planet, however life existence on other planets do not depend on being discovered to exist, Humans just arnt that important. Its not like the "New world" didnt exist till it was discovered, it had been there as long as the "old" world.Of corse given that humans have left the planet alins do exist. Pwn

Metal_Man
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 8:58 pm

The Pope himself has said that alien life is possible and does not contradict what is written in the Bible. That was a really dumb question you were asked.

Eggman
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 9:01 pm

Maggiedoll wrote:
Eggman wrote:

That's what I was thinking..

Of course, it depends on how the question was asked.. Simply "do you believe in aliens?" leaves room for a logical explanation about the probability of life having developed on another planet somewhere in the universe as well as a rant about how they kidnapped you and put computer chips in your brain.. There are at least some psychiatrist who realize that why someone gives a particular answer to a question is usually more important than the actual answer that they give.

IJ Dee-Vo said that happened to him

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 9:06 pm

southwestforests wrote:

And what that has to do with anything Aspergers is . . . :?:

It is something it is entertaining to listen to peoples' stories about.
But so far no one has told me, "Hi studly, I'm an alien, here's my number, let's go out Saturday night, we can take my ride"

Considering autism can be confused with schizophrenia, I do not understand your disbelief.

Maggiedoll
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2009, 9:47 pm

southwestforests wrote:
Maggiedoll wrote:
There are at least some psychiatrist who realize that why someone gives a particular answer to a question is usually more important than the actual answer that they give.

What I said was, how do you mean believe - people use that differently. And as far as aliens, either there are or there are not, those are the only two options.

I would think that how they mean "alien" is more important than how they mean "believe." Like everyone has been saying.. whether or not you believe depends on what you believe about the aliens. Whether they exist somewhere in the universe, whether they have come to Earth, whether they developed sapience six billion years ago and ended up destroying themselves five billion years ago.. whether they come from other planets or from other countries.. yadda yadda yadda.

Eggman wrote:
IJ Dee-Vo said that happened to him

who?