Page 1 of 1 [ 12 posts ] 

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 6:56 am

I used to talk a lot to people but over the past few weeks I've become more and more introvert; to the point that I stayed in my bedroom for 64 hours over the weekend (well, except for food and toilet breaks).

I find that I enjoy my own company more than that of anyone else. I like being alone and I never get lonely. I don't talk much now.

Is anyone else like this?

TheValk
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 6:58 am

Yes, except I'm not satisfied with it at all, and I also tend to get very excited when others (of the same age) are around, but I can't handle it for too long.

SandsOfTheSoul
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Jan 2013, 7:10 am

I've pretty much stayed in my room for the past 3 years at least, mostly in bed as our central heating is broke and is expensive to fix. Finding employment where I live is very difficult and I can't afford to live away. I've lost most of my friends over the past few years. I don't mind being on my own too much but I'm starting to feel very trapped now. In one way I'm lucky in that I don't have anything to lose and if I had a job I could move away or go anywhere.

chlov
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 8:15 am

I've always talked a lot. I still do. But I don't really want to make friends. I would like to become friend only with two persons of my same age at the moment, but I don't care about becoming friend with other people exept them, though I may still talk to people I care nothing about, just because I talk a lot.

Last edited by chlov on 21 Jan 2013, 2:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

hanyo
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 8:27 am

I never go out to socialize except for the one week or so a year that my friend from out of state visits. Otherwise I never leave the house unless it is to obtain items or accomplish something (like do laundry). Sometime I go for a walk for exercise if the weather is nice.

The last time I left the house except for doctor visits was before Christmas.

SteelMaiden
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 9:39 am

I only leave the house when I have to, ie university or doctor.

Bliss
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

21 Jan 2013, 2:55 pm

I, too, enjoy my own company. It is a bit disheartening when I am with my psychologist and have to admit that I have no friends, but other than those times I don't think about it. I work part time and have enough of a supplement that I have no real financial worries. Other than my job the only times I leave my home are when I need to run errands, and then I want to get back as quickly as possible.
I am alone, but not lonely in the least. The one friend I did have, who I cherished visiting, passed away just over a year ago. I do miss her, but am not looking to meet someone else to fill that niche. I feel if it is going to happen, it will and I don't need to search for it.
I have never measured how long I stay inside, and really never worried about it.

pokerface
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 3:05 pm

Yes!!

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 3:08 pm

I'm quite introverted myself. I only have one friend, and that's after years of being friendless. It isn't so much that I don't mind having friends, but I can't really handle the process of making them very easily. My one friend that I do have was just persistent enough at first--emailing me a little, then arranging visits with each other, then I started emailing her a lot.

Marybird
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 5:03 pm

I am extremely introverted. I live in an introverted bubble.

anneurysm
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 5:22 pm

Yes! While I do enjoy people and care about them immensely, I need my alone time...and lots of it...or I'll get really stressed out.

This misdiagnosis caused me significant stress, which lessened upon finding out the truth about myself from my current and past long-term psychiatrists - that I am a highly sensitive person but do not have an autism spectrum disorder

My diagnoses - anxiety disorder, depression and traits of obsessive-compulsive disorder (all in remission).

I’m no longer involved with the ASD world.

FishStickNick
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jan 2013, 5:41 pm

Yep; I don't require much social interaction to be happy. If I am at a party or if we have guests over, I sometimes have to leave the room and find a quiet place to hide for a while.