Page 1 of 2 [ 22 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 6:12 pm

They've always had extremely limited appeal for me.
I have a strong predilection for documentaries (particularly scientific/nature).

I'm OK with non-schmultzy Dramatic (capital D) movies.

One thing I really CAN'T bear is lame comedies ... TV or movie.

Good ones are something of a rarity.
I just can't get my head round why anyone would find a total lamer like 'Home Improvement' (Tim SomeoneOrOther) funny ... and yet I see them laughing at it.
And I'M supposed to be the abnormal one ! :rolleyes:

iceb
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 6:17 pm

Dr Who is a TV Drama :)

poopylungstuffing
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 6:21 pm

i really liked Twin Peaks :wink:

Timpani
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

17 Aug 2008, 6:26 pm

Used to watch TV a lot, find it quite uninteresting these days.

Prefer documentaries anyway, but the best ones these days are on the radio (or podcasts).

I often think a TV doumentary these days is a 10 minute radio talk padded out with irrelevant pictures to make it last an hour (the main honourable exceptions are wildlife progs, especially with D Attenborough).

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 6:27 pm

iceb wrote:
Dr Who is a TV Drama :)

The AS predilection for SciFi rears its head once more.

Vimse
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

17 Aug 2008, 6:32 pm

I watch documentaries and sci-fi.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 6:45 pm

Drama View topic

I liked to watch comedies as a kid. I have a sense of humour, but as MemberSix wrote, the sitcoms now are a boringly bad joke. Half and hour is hardly good for an attention span. :lol:

I like documentaries, science shows, some mysteries (not Murder, she wrote) like Murdoch mysteries and Sherlock Holmes, News reports. I like to LEARN something.

I hate House, reality TV, fashion crap, Soap Operas, police car chases, Funny videos and the like.

I occasionally watch Law and Order (I had a special interest in this show once), ER, Prison Break. ER was around since I was pregnant with my last child, so for me there is nostalgia. The upcoming 15th season will be the last. I never watch reruns. Been there, done that. :x

I prefer to read, and use the computer. I will be taking some preuniversity math courses in the Fall, so I will be doing more homework!! :D

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

claire-333
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 7:07 pm

I rarely watch TV but when I do; it is usually The History, National Geographic, Science, or Home and Garden chanels. I also occasionally indulge in True Crime.

benjimanbreeg
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 7:36 pm

I love 24, dexter and nip tuck

chocoholic
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

17 Aug 2008, 8:33 pm

I watch House and all the Law & Order series, as far as drama goes. When I'm not watching those, I'll either watch a documentary or the Yankees game.

catspurr
Veteran
Veteran

17 Aug 2008, 8:47 pm

The only things I watch on TV

Wheel of Fortune
Jeopardy
South Park (when I have cable)
Hell's Kitchen

I think out of all of those, Hell's Kitchen would be considered drama

I watched America's Next Top Model but only because Heather was on there.

grinningcat
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

17 Aug 2008, 10:38 pm

I like the dramas where the focus is more of a scientific nature (even though sometimes the science is questionable) - NCIS/House/CSI, etc - The minute they start getting into sucky relationship entanglements, I find myself looking for a good documentary on ancient Egypt or track down a real life medical reality show or one of the star trek franchises (all except for ST:TNG, the early years when Will Wheaton was on - I could not STAND his character; what was Roddenberry thinking?). In my misspent youth, I watched a few of the soap operas, but now, I just can't stomach them - the bad acting, the predictable plots, the way they can take months or years to tie up a story line - blah.

I do like a good comedy - however, it has to be really good before I laugh out loud, and I am looking for intelligent writing - thus, I don't think I have watched a sit com in a long time, not a new one, anyway. :wink: I do like Grey's Anatomy, although I never thought I would - it is more intelligent and funny than I thought it would be, and shows a lot of strong women characters with good careers who aren't just "putting in time" until they get married and pop out a couple of kids. :roll:

A few of the reality shows aren't bad. I like American Idol, its all a sorting game to me. There was a short lived show a couple of years ago that had the contestants solving clues until they found themselves with a treasure. It was a neat show because if you were the last one to solve the clue, you were eliminated - no alliances, etc., it was almost entirely based on the intelligence of the players. To bad it didn't survive out of summer fill in programming. :roll:

-JR
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 1:00 am

Becoming a "What do you watch" topic, but that's cool with me-I don't have to be the butthead to change the flow now! :P

A lot of shows seem boring and "fake" to me at first. After repeated exposure, I'll find something about a show that I like. I've tried countless times to get into CSI, and the variants, but cannot take it. I don't know what it is, just can't enjoy that show. Law and Order, House, I've loved from the beginning.

Simpsons, King of the Hill, Futurama, all classic. There was a time I could watch all of those shows in one sitting, as they all followed the other. Most other cartoons I can't get into. Old ones were the best, the "classics." Enjoying them now is a different story tho... Used to love Captain Planet, Ducktales, Darkwing Duck, Popeye, Woody Woodpecker, and some other one that had "bouncing bears," really wish I knew the name of that one.

Absolutely LOVE the History Channel. Everything on that program I can sit and watch. Except for the aliens bullcrap they throw in there.

There's a show called "Lockup" on MSNBC me and my bro used to watch religiously. The stories of the inmates, how they got there, what goes on, how the prison operates, all of that fascinated both of us. Was surprised my bro liked watching it as much as I did.

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 2:02 am

-JR wrote:
some other one that had "bouncing bears," really wish I knew the name of that one.

Disneys' Adventures of the Gummi Bears (bouncing here and there and everywhere, high adventure beyond compare) perhaps?

MemberSix
Veteran
Veteran

18 Aug 2008, 2:17 am

-JR wrote:
Becoming a "What do you watch" topic.

I know.
What the hell have I done ?

Apologies.

Danielismyname
Veteran
Veteran