Another question about gun holding...

Page 2 of 2 [ 18 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

Raptor
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 12:29 pm

Chief wrote;

Quote:
Should people who have iq's below 85 be able to hold a gun....

1) This seems to imply that it's up to some government entity to decide something for us......again.
It's either your right or it's not and when you have to be meticulously screened then it's not a right but a privilege.

2) Find something else to fret over. The number of firearms related deaths and injuries is significantly low compared to the other means. (i.e. vehicle/traffic related, freezing, starvation, dehydration, drowning, falls, electrocution, burns, inhalation, medical malpractice, poisoning, assault by other means than firearms, etc...).

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Jan 2010, 3:39 pm

I supposedly have an IQ of 74 something and I have shot guns before. I've only shot targets with the supervision of my dad or an older brother. I was taught gun safety from an early age. I don't want the government telling me what I can and can't have. The right to own guns is a constitutional right to the American citizen, not a privilege. The banning of guns is just the tip of the iceberg, if the government can convince us to give up our guns, next they will start to tell us what we can and cannot wear, who can and cannot do this or that. If you want to be a communist, move to China or Russia.