Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:41 pm

I'm worried that I may have an undetectable seizure disorder (headaches, nausea, funny eye stuff due to facebook pics being sent to me & issues w/ some video games my brother played in the past (I've never been able to stomach playing them much due to the eye twinges & headaches) (Games I could play are Croc, Castle Age & Farmville (ok facebook apps) & Ms. Pacman & I have watched Spyro, Kingdom Hearts, FFX & older stuff like Pacman).

* I think I can only handle mild graphics & movie modes (those were my favorite parts of watching KH & FFX, couldn't stand the actual gameplay (headaches & boredom)

My worst fear is that a friend may one day try to just be affectionate in an NT sense & trigger a seizure...(I have panic attacks already unless I brace myself or am wearing a thick coat & can't feel the contact at all...)

Am I nuts?

p.s. I had something like seizures as a newborn (not sure if its relevant but thought it might be)

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:47 pm

There is no shame in being worried about something that serious I'd make an appointment with a doctor to see the extent and causes of these seizures.

Peko
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:52 pm

Ebonwinter wrote:
There is no shame in being worried about something that serious I'd make an appointment with a doctor to see the extent and causes of these seizures.

The problem is I've done some reading (online & my mom's an OT w/ a collection of autism books :lol:) and have read about undetectable seizure disorders. My doctor might not be able to determine a true "yes or no". From what I've read it sounds like I'd have to log my issues for months & see what comes up (its very rare (only happens w/ certain games & such as I said & some noises make me sick too)). My mother's worried its possible I could have seizures b/c of my problems as a baby, but even she will probably think this could just be an "autie thing" due to nerves... So as of now I'm just avoiding video games.

Ebonwinter
Veteran
Veteran

27 Jan 2010, 11:56 pm

Peko wrote:
Ebonwinter wrote:

The problem is I've done some reading (online & my mom's an OT w/ a collection of autism books :lol:) and have read about undetectable seizure disorders. My doctor might not be able to determine a true "yes or no". From what I've read it sounds like I'd have to log my issues for months & see what comes up (its very rare (only happens w/ certain games & such as I said & some noises make me sick too)). My mother's worried its possible I could have seizures b/c of my problems as a baby, but even she will probably think this could just be an "autie thing" due to nerves... So as of now I'm just avoiding video games.

No worries I have my own fair share of quirks like I get dizzish sick when being around loud noises too long.

Brittany2907
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's
The ultimate storm is eternally on it's

28 Jan 2010, 2:32 am

It will help doctors determine what's wrong, if anything, if you keep a log of these experiences that could possibly be seizures. It doesn't have to be for a couple of months but any information at all will help them. If you tell your GP this they might be able to organize you to see a neurologist and get an EEG. You aren't nuts, nut's would be ignoring your symptoms.