Page 4 of 8 [ 118 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:16 pm

pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
I really don't look up to people like that, very few people do.

I can imagine that most people would be able to look past the fact that he rocks, considering he created a revolutionary new method of filesharing and founded his own corporation.

People with AS may have created quite a few things, but they have created nothing compared to NT's when it comes to buildings and art.

I will do my best to avoid being a stereotype and look up to a health coach instead.

pat2rome
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:23 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

I can imagine that most people would be able to look past the fact that he rocks, considering he created a revolutionary new method of filesharing and founded his own corporation.

People with AS may have created quite a few things, but they have created nothing compared to NT's when it comes to buildings and art.

I will do my best to avoid being a stereotype and look up to a health coach instead.

So just because someone rocks, you feel they are unworthy of any admiration no matter what they've accomplished? What if the person who cures AIDS rocks?

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:26 pm

pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

So just because someone rocks, you feel they are unworthy of any admiration no matter what they've accomplished? What if the person who cures AIDS rocks?

AIDS is a disease found mostly in unhygienic Africans, it's not that much of an issue.

Lecks
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:36 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
pat2rome wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:

AIDS is a disease found mostly in unhygienic Africans, it's not that much of an issue.

Can someone just ban this idiot.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 3:45 pm

Seconded...

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:45 pm

bdhkhsfgk,

I have a theory I would like your opinion on please.

My theory is that some people say offensive things on the internet to compensate for their shortcoming in everyday life. I personally see such actions as cowardly. I seriously doubt anyone doing so has the courage to stand their ground in real life. I think these are probably people that almost wet themselves if someone speaks to them with a raised voice in real life... so they resort to offending people on the internet.

I don't understand how someone could actually trick themselves into thinking they are anything but cowards by doing these things, but it seems like the intent to me. I suspect that deep down, such persons know they are cowards. Perhaps they think other people don't notice? Maybe they think they have everyone fooled? I know it sounds silly, but I cannot think of any other explanation.

What do you think of my theory?

Do you know anyone like this?

Do you think these types of people rock?

Have you ever get a thrill out of making people upset on the internet?

If so, would you have the courage to pull such tricks on people in real life?

I welcome your feedback on my theory.

Thank you and have a nice day.
j0sh

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 3:48 pm

j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk,

My theory is that some people say offensive things on the internet to compensate for their shortcoming in everyday life. I personally see such actions as cowardly. I seriously doubt anyone doing so has the courage to stand their ground in real life. I think these are probably people that almost wet themselves if someone speaks to them with a raised voice in real life... so they resort to offending people on the internet.

I don't understand how someone could actually trick themselves into thinking they are anything but cowards by doing these things, but it seems like the intent to me. I suspect that deep down, such persons know they are cowards. Perhaps they think other people don't notice? Maybe they think they have everyone fooled? I know it sounds silly, but I cannot think of any other explanation.

j0sh

Wow. 8O That was incredible. Can't...stop...laughing...

j0sh, you win the WIN award.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:50 pm

j0sh wrote:

No, I don't write things to annoy people.

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:53 pm

j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk,

j0sh

Thank you, I think you hit the nail on the head

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
j0sh wrote:

No, I don't write things to annoy people.

You seem to have annoyed quite a few around here

Last edited by Friskeygirl on 19 Feb 2010, 3:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:55 pm

Friskeygirl wrote:
j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk,

j0sh

In what way?

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:56 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

In what way?

I think she is agreeing that some people use the internet to compensate for a lack of courage in real life.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 3:58 pm

j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

In what way?

I think she is agreeing that some people use the internet to compensate for a lack of courage in real life.

I was never to good IRL, I don't understand how society works, yet I'm not low-functioning.

valkyrieraven88
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

19 Feb 2010, 3:59 pm

j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

In what way?

Especially people who say things like severe autistics should be beaten up and forced to come to rehab, people who rock are worthless, autism happens because our brains aren't growing and we're ret*d...

Friskeygirl
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 4:00 pm

bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:
j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk,

j0sh

In what way?

I agree with all of j0sh's points, I suggest you try reading them instead of sluffing them off as contrary to your beliefs

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 4:01 pm

valkyrieraven88 wrote:
j0sh wrote:
bdhkhsfgk wrote:
Friskeygirl wrote:

In what way?

Especially people who say things like severe autistics should be beaten up and forced to come to rehab, people who rock are worthless

I don't say that I want people with autism to be beaten up, I just hope they get cured with as little force as necessary, I don't look up to people who rock by the way.

bdhkhsfgk
Veteran
Veteran

19 Feb 2010, 4:03 pm

I find it kind of strange that many of the aspies I've met IRL does it better than me.