Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2006, 3:31 am

That's what I did alot. I think too much. Wheter it is solving something (therefore very analytical and logical) or in my make-believe imagination (the thinking is a lot peaceful and smooth)

Eventually the head hurts a lot and it feels as if my brain is tired. This is usually when it comes to uncontrollable issues that my mind won't let go. Or fighting fearful thoughts with counter thoughts that work the body and mind more leading to headaches and stress. Not good, I recommend not to think too hard like that.

The fun imagination stuff (storytelling in the mind) can soothe the mind sometimes but the mind needs to calm down and can be a pain, not as much as the frustrated and stressful thinking. Those hurt.

I am not used to focusing on reality all the time. I always want to think in either of the ways I mentioned. I end up losing touch is I think in my world too much.

I want to start shutting the brain off when needed and I need a few more cents on how to.

cherubfish
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 May 2006, 7:24 am

nocturnalowl wrote:
That's what I did alot. I think too much. Wheter it is solving something (therefore very analytical and logical) or in my make-believe imagination (the thinking is a lot peaceful and smooth)

Eventually the head hurts a lot and it feels as if my brain is tired. This is usually when it comes to uncontrollable issues that my mind won't let go. Or fighting fearful thoughts with counter thoughts that work the body and mind more leading to headaches and stress. Not good, I recommend not to think too hard like that.

The fun imagination stuff (storytelling in the mind) can soothe the mind sometimes but the mind needs to calm down and can be a pain, not as much as the frustrated and stressful thinking. Those hurt.

I am not used to focusing on reality all the time. I always want to think in either of the ways I mentioned. I end up losing touch is I think in my world too much.

I want to start shutting the brain off when needed and I need a few more cents on how to.

People say that I think too much too! (but I don't know if I'm aspie or not)

I imagine things a lot, whether it is an issue, or building up stories.
Basically anytime...

And it takes me nightmare to shut down my brain when I want to sleep--it just doesn't stop thinking...it takes hours for me to get to sleep, and my brain think again early in the morning like 5 o'clock @@|||

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 May 2006, 7:38 am

people tell me i thik WAY to much. I am alot like you in tat i think about logical analyticle thing, i spend alot of time thinking about how somthing is made and i foten think of the process before i think of the outcome. I am the only person who i know who can spend hours looking a a cerial box and forget to eat my breakfast.

And as for sleeping thats not much fun, i very rarely sleep well because my head is allways processing thigs from the ay, and somtime i get intoa kindove wierd obbsessed maths mode and i spend the whole night dreaming up different way of encrypting stuff, and solving maths problems and creteingmaths problems, no matter what it is i look at all i can normally see is the science and the maths behid it. this somtime causes problems but most of the time it doesen't both me, it seem to bother other people more than whick it bothers me.

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

alexa232
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2006, 8:40 am

I also get told I think too much. I tend to think about trivial stuff most of the time, and don't really worry about the outside world. Like I can sit for hour on end thinking about how it would be possible for the universe to disolve.
As for going to sleep, I often lay awake for hours on end, thinking about the same topic until I fall asleep. Although now I go to bed really late and get up very early, so when it's time to go to bed, I am usually so tired that I am able to fall asleep almost instantly. If I lay down before I am dead tired, I can forget about getting any sleep. I also have some regular routines and "rituals" (like lining up my hair pins) before I go to bed, so this also prevents me from over thinking things when I finally lay down.

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

08 May 2006, 8:59 am

I think too much too... I don't seem to have any trouble sleeping though.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2006, 12:26 pm

I think too much in a way where it does interfere sleeping time also. Before I was a night person, I did have issues stuck in my head where I would roll around and couldn't sleep for hours, or I would awaken in the middle of the night. instead of calming down, I would let the story go on and on.

adhocisadirtyword
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

08 May 2006, 5:59 pm

When I was a kid I thought too much and was unable to fall asleep. This led to a lot of sleepy mornings.

Don't know how, but later on I figured out how to turn it off.

I kind of miss having the long stream of thoughts all into the night, but I enjoy sleeping more - Now especially that I have a job and a family and responsibilities that require sleep to perform adequately.

As for other times - such as problem solving - my grandfather had this saying, "Don't let your head work your butt off." Every now and then I take a step back and try to evaluate if I'm doing that. I look for easier ways of solving the problem and give myself a short, set amount of time to do so. For me, it helps re-prioritize my thought process.

nocturnalowl
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

08 May 2006, 6:55 pm

Either I didn't listen, or I didn't have enough tools to help me avoid overthinking. It was my mainstay for such a long time. This held back my goals of achieiving conversation. And it also built up my anxiety levels. I rode my bike far for the first time in four years. I thought too hard thinking my body was gonna collapse. I was only tired and I needed to catch my breath which would make me feel comfortable. It took me so long to figure that out that now I think too hard about only if I knew then, I would be in better shape now. Since I stopped riding and walking far in frequent times.

I didn't let the body relax and do its own thing. I realize that would help relieve the tightness in my body, especially my stomach and head areas.

If i only knew how to deal with it better earlier.

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

25 Sep 2010, 11:45 am

Thinking too much and too hard...

How does one shut down the brain?

Maybe use an alarm clock and limit the time spent thinking?

---

Three bowls of porridge

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Story_ ... hree_Bears