Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

hutchscott
Toucan
Toucan

06 Aug 2010, 9:57 pm

Tomorrow is "Autism Day" near where I live. Drive north east of here way out in the country to a farm where people with autism and their families are congregating.

This is my first time to such an event. I'm almost 41 and only recently began suspecting I am on the spectrum somehow. First I had an AS friend. Then I joined an AS group. Now I'm going to an *event*. I don't know if I really want to go, but with much arm-twisting I am going.

What should I expect? A bunch of kids running around? Parents talking about the latest cure for their child?

And of course, tomorrow I'll post on this thread telling you how it went.

Dilbert
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 2:01 am

Cool. Keep us updated. I'd love to know how it went.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

07 Aug 2010, 7:34 pm

Uggh, I was supposed to be at this event, stayed up late cooking Thai laab gai to bring to it, then got violently ill at around 7am and couldn't go :cry: . My mom, who co-organizes a local AS group with me did end up going and said it was kind of mixed, people showed up and dumped their stuff at the group booth then took off, and it rained pretty hard too. Still sad I missed it though, I went last year and it was pretty fun.