I like Coffee 22%  22%  [ 40 ]
I like Coffee 22%  22%  [ 40 ]
Total votes : 180

vetivert
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2005, 2:45 am

stevie_hardy wrote:
Tea - strong, bit of milk, no sugar (as long as its not earl grey..... why anyone would do that to tea is beyond me)

heresy! earl grey is sublime. earl grey + goat's milk + a little dab of honey... heaven. and as for lapsang souchong...

Noetic
Veteran
Veteran

20 Jan 2005, 4:13 am

I prefer tea, coffee often makes me sleepy although I do like iced coffee. Diet Coke or rather Pepsi Max relaxes me just enough to deal with stress without sending me to sleep.

Mithrandir
Veteran
Veteran

26 Jan 2005, 4:49 pm

I used to only drink milk or water untill I got into tea.
Its good for too!

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 1:04 pm

I did an experiment on myself, by having a large cup of Coffee, this morning, after not drinking Coffee for seven years. I got so hyper that I was making up songs and singning them to the tune of Oh Canada! Than I took Chico for a half-hour walk at 6:30 in the morning. I don't usually take him until 8. I was fine for the first 20 minutes, than I got this strong urge to urinate. I sucked it up and I made it to my front door. As I unlocked the door...use your imagination. There's a woman acrossed the street who lets her dogs roam until two in the morning. I'll just tell her that one of the woman's dogs peed on our Welcome Mat. I guess the British Genes that I've inherited can't handle the ammount of Caffiene that's in a cup of Java. :lol:

Asparval
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 2:02 pm

Quote:
Don't you like earl Grey? that smiley in your post confuses me Idon't kno wif you're trying to be sarcastic or not.

Sorry hale_bop I only just saw your post.

I love Earl Grey ~ It's my favourite.

Also I don't generally do sarcasm ~ I don't really know how, so if anybody reads my posts and wonders whether I am being sarcastic, trust me I'm not.

I think we have discussed about the smileys before because I don't know what some of them are. I know it says 'rolling eyes' but what does that mean? Is it sarcasm?

I need a cup of tea! :lol:

Bec
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 4:35 pm

I like tea a lot, but I hate coffee.

CockneyRebel wrote:
I was fine for the first 20 minutes, than I got this strong urge to urinate. I sucked it up and I made it to my front door. As I unlocked the door...use your imagination.

Lovely! :lol:

CatGuy
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

21 Feb 2005, 4:37 pm

I collect various types and brands of green tea.

ZedSimon
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 5:10 pm

Coffee? Tea? Neither nor! Hot drinks in general don't do it for me, but I have a special aversion to coffee. It takes at least 6 packs of sugar to bring the average cup into compliance with my standards of taste. I might as well be swiggin' cough syrup!

I might drink hot tea once or twice a year but I vastly prefer iced. Lipton Raspberry's the best if I'm out somewhere - love it with breakfast, although I have been known to do the Dew with a pre- or post-work croissant at Dunkin Donuts.

- Your Carbonated Zed

Ebi
Raven
Raven

21 Feb 2005, 6:19 pm

Around here, it is usual to get started on coffee when you are a kid. I wasn't one of them. I became addicted much, much later.

I used to drink 2-3 cups of the stuff daily, but a recent nervous breakdown has forced me to scale down to a single cup a day in the morning (to get awake, none the less!). I have switched to tea in the afternoons ever since.

Also, I like Argentinan Yerba Mate at nights sometimes... when I come back from work and remind myself of boiling water. Not often, unfortunately.

ElfMan
Veteran
Veteran

21 Feb 2005, 7:04 pm

CockneyRebel I know the feeling!! My front door makes me want to pee too. And clothes lines and phone-boxes.

As for tea or coffee, I love tea and live on it. I really like chai, but I'm starting to think I have already answered this post. :?

ElfMan

MrMeaner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

25 Feb 2005, 12:11 pm

i'm more of a coffee drinker..it keeps me from being sluggish all the time

Jetson
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 12:11 pm

This poll definitely needed more options. I like both coffee, tea, green tea, herbal teas, hot chocolate, and this week's special (to to an enduring sore throat): plain hot water with lots of honey in it.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:45 pm

coffee is poison. It seems bitter and tasteless to me. Tea has some flavor to it. But as the saying goes, "aint my cup of tea", i don't like all teas. My favirote is perhaps orange spice.
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 1:49 pm

I don't prefer tea at all. Iced, hot, green, fruit, it all tastes nasty to me. I only drink coffee when I need to caffeine and then I drink it black. Of course, I also end up completely wired after even one cup so I try not to do that too often.

axelkat
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2005, 1:52 pm

merien_took wrote:
I don't prefer tea at all. Iced, hot, green, fruit, it all tastes nasty to me. I only drink coffee when I need to caffeine and then I drink it black. Of course, I also end up completely wired after even one cup so I try not to do that too often.

your tough
A

merien_took
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

02 Mar 2005, 1:56 pm

axelkat wrote:
merien_took wrote:

your tough
A

If what you said means what I think it means.......eh, my family is Swedish and apparently Swedes drink coffee black so it's always been forbidden to add anything to coffee.