How many people do you feel close to?

Page 1 of 4 [ 50 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2010, 5:54 am

Hi to everybody,

I wonder if it's me being an Aspie, or simply a sociopath :lol: , but there are only two people i feel comfortable being around: my mother and my husband. With them i can really talk for a long time, i might even talk more than they do. But with everybody else, i barely say one sentence per hour. I can even say nothing at all for hours, and that includes my grandparents, cousins or uncles. Visiting my family or my "friends" is a real pain. I always just sit there, try to listen to their "fascinating" small talks, but eventually end up with my own thoughts.
The results is that i feel my own family thinks i don't like them. honestly I'm not even sure I do. my grandmother has a cancer and i can't say the news devastated me. i had absolutely no reaction. Why is that?

Do you have the same problems?

Villette
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2010, 6:02 am

only 1 person outside family. The other people I trust I would say are GOOD friends but not really close. Hung out together, discussed serious things, but not much personal confidence in each other.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 6:10 am

0-1

LipstickKiller
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2010, 7:46 am

In my family 3 people, then also my husband and kids. Other than that 1-2 people. So I'm luckier than many. My emotional and mental needs are often not covered by this small group though. I have big needs but little capacity for relationships. Does not equate.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 7:52 am

I feel close to 7 people. My mum, dad, sister, brother in law, niece, and my two closest friends, Dean and Barb.

Descartes30
Toucan
Toucan

04 Apr 2010, 8:27 am

No one, for several years. I have only ever been able to get close to women that I have a romantic attachment to, and I gave up on that years ago. So, if you are a sociopath, then I am a mega-sociopath 8) I probably wouldn't stress about only having one or two people, it's better than none.

French_Lola
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

04 Apr 2010, 8:30 am

indeed, better than none :) just unusual is all.
it seems that everybody just loves their family, regardless of how good/evil these family members are.

Wedge
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 8:38 am

I have two close friends, they don´t live in the same city that I live right now. But I can talk about almost anything with them, they don´t really care how weird I sound.

Last edited by Wedge on 04 Apr 2010, 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

04 Apr 2010, 8:38 am

I only have a couple of close friends.

b9
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 8:39 am

i feel close to people at the supermarket on thursday nights.
people are everywhere and they crowd me in and i feel swamped.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 9:17 am

on the right planet, nobody. on the wrong planet, i think i have "spoken" more to you all [and have been "listened" to more], than i have to anybody else in my whole life. to all the WP folk who made themselves read what i wrote, i thank you with all my heart. :)

Jellybean
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 9:21 am

There have only been two people in my life, my Granny who died when I was 12 and my Mum. I have severe difficulty getting close to anyone, mainly because I am scared that they are going to hurt or leave me. I've only had 3 friends in my entire life and all of them left me. :cry:

Probably because I stopped calling them though...

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 9:22 am

0. There are 3 persons I'm closer to, but I always keep a distance.
I don't know why I'm so honest here, on WP. It can have bad results for me! I should be more aware.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

heliocopters
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Apr 2010, 10:11 am

My mom, my brother, and about 4 friends, two of whom I am much closer with than the other two. So, 4-6 depending on how you look at it. It takes me a long time to feel comfortable around someone and feel that I can trust them, so even though I have trained myself in the ways of social communication and behaving in society, I still can't say I feel "close" to more than a handful of people.

danmac
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 10:33 am

French_Lola wrote:

eventually end up with my own thoughts.
The results is that i feel my own family thinks i don't like them. honestly I'm not even sure I do. my grandmother has a cancer and i can't say the news devastated me. i had absolutely no reaction. Why is that?

Do you have the same problems?

things happen around me that I should care about, but I don't.I plaster a caring face and think I'm getting angry as I get older but it was always there.I have no emotion for teams,schools,bands and find it odd that people can get mad if you don't like what they like.

IdahoRose
Veteran
Veteran

04 Apr 2010, 11:02 am

I'm close to 6 people: my mom, my dad, my brother, my brother's best friend, my aunt and my Nana.