Page 1 of 4 [ 62 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

ProfessorAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2010, 9:08 pm

With me it's my wife. She can touch me anytime and it doesn't bother me. Sadly, I can't say that about my kids. They can really freak me out at times...tickly little fingers unnerve me. I remember my little son used to need to sleep with us once in a while and he would drive me nuts because he would reach out to touch me as he slept. Sometimes it even got me angry.
Poor kiddo. I wish I had known what my issue was back then...

Somehow, though, I never, or almost never mind my wife.

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:26 pm

Nobody, plain and simple. Ah, well, I'm fine with my cats touching me. But that's about it.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:29 pm

I like to be touched and hugged, by everybody that I know and trust.

ProfessorAspie
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

05 Apr 2010, 9:30 pm

MathGirl wrote:
Nobody, plain and simple. Ah, well, I'm fine with my cats touching me. But that's about it.

cat's too. I actually rather like when they brush up against me while I meditate.

Well, except for one cat, but I'm mad at her as she has been peeing indoors lately...

Avarice
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:39 pm

My dog, that's about it. And only when her fur isn't oily. I don't like to be touched by people.

Descartes
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 9:40 pm

This flies in the face of the whole concept of Aspies hating to be touched, but I actually like to be touched. Whenever someone touches me, especially in a friendly/loving way, it gives me a tingly sensation that feels really good. It's very comforting for me to be touched. :)

pandd
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 10:26 pm

I find it difficult to cope with being touched unexpectedly, and there are certain kinds of touch that I find it very difficult to cope with. Generally if it is expected I can tolerate most touch that is not sensorially uncomfortable, and I quite like being touched by someone I am accustomed to being touched by (although it can make me giggle hysterically and can cause me to be excessively sensitive and "ticklish"/jittery).

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 11:03 pm

My husband, my parents. I love to be rubbed. But I don't like being touched when I don't want to be.

Gigi830
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

05 Apr 2010, 11:06 pm

I'm actually the opposite, somewhat. I love hugging my son and him giving me kisses. I also love physical contact with my husband, but only when I am relaxed. When I'm not I go long periods without showing physical love towards him. When I am particularly overstimulated I cringe or cut hugs short. He also has Aspergers, but is more physical than me. I just try to remind myself that he needs to be shown love (not just told). He also is very understanding when I tell him I'm tired/overstimulated. I just foung out I have Aspergers so I am still learning how to deal with issues such as this

Tim_Tex
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 11:12 pm

I have no problem with being touched.

Now proficient in ChatGPT!

LittleTigger
Veteran
Veteran

05 Apr 2010, 11:15 pm

No strangers touching me.
Don't want it.

When society stops expecting
too much from me, I will
stop disappointing them.

bonuspoints
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Washington state - *Do I get bonus points if I act like I care?*

05 Apr 2010, 11:58 pm

pandd wrote:
I find it difficult to cope with being touched unexpectedly, and there are certain kinds of touch that I find it very difficult to cope with. Generally if it is expected I can tolerate most touch that is not sensorially uncomfortable.

This goes for me as well, but only in regard to being touched by my parents and sometimes my nieces. I have developed sufficient ability to not pull away when hugged by my parents (usually!) :). I can force myself to hug my step-parents and other relatives, but it is very uncomfortable for me. It is always less difficult when initiated by me.

Selfishness is not living as one wishes to live, it is asking others to live as one wishes to live. - Oscar Wilde

dt18
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

05 Apr 2010, 11:59 pm

I'm surprised. I'm autistic and unless it's some random stranger, touch doesn't bother me at all.

Philologos
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 12:05 am

I really need one of those psych / anthro diagrams - Group A can touch HERE and HERE, but only Group B can touch there....

MOST touch from my wife is always welcome, but if tickly or unexpected I may react.

Next my son - I can take most touch he is willing to give, but since he is pretty much like me it is not usually an issue.

If I KNOW it is coming I can handle simple hugs from a short list of close people. Not realy comfortable nor do I seek it out.

Holding hands with very close friends or small children is fine; piggy back rides to small children is fine.

If I see GOOD reason I can make myself shake hands.

But it is almost all risky and uncomfortable.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 12:11 am

I am very uncomfortable being touched. I will jump practically out of my skin sometimes when someone touches me. I tolerate my daughter hugging me and my mom. I don't like it when someone has to put their hand in me as they walk by- you know when someone puts their hand on your shoulder when they are walking behind you. I used to work with several people who like to tap me as they were talking to me, or grab my waist. Guys were always wanting to grab my waist. It took a couple elbows in the solar plexus to get them to stop doing that stuff. It guess it is tat "touchy feely" thing some people have. Or they enjoyed watching me jump maybe.

As for cats- I love to hug and cuddle the cats- something I wouldn't do with people. I know it makes my daughter a little jealous, and it has caused relationship problems in the past. Yes I chose the cats over the men.

Klint
Veteran
Veteran

06 Apr 2010, 12:18 am

Descartes wrote:
This flies in the face of the whole concept of Aspies hating to be touched, but I actually like to be touched. Whenever someone touches me, especially in a friendly/loving way, it gives me a tingly sensation that feels really good. It's very comforting for me to be touched. :)

Ditto. :D

Usually the feeling starts at their hand, and reverberates outwards in a ripple-like pattern to cover my entire body before slowly fading away. :)