The bouncer at the bar asked my friend if I was "special" :(

Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

campboy92
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Dec 2014, 3:38 pm

Yesterday was so humiliating. I went out to a friends birthday and the bouncer pulled my friend aside and asked if I was "special" or "on drugs" and then she was like "no! He's just so different and cool and creative" I felt completely like a zoo animal. It was so upsetting I had to leave - I also kept stimming and putting my finger over the candle and playing with the empty beer bottle like spinning it, then these guys to the side kept screaming "come take shots" and I was like "no! I don't drink"

So messed up how I simply can't just exist on a planet, all I was doing was standing in line

agwood
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

07 Dec 2014, 4:04 pm

Why did that bother you? So what if a bouncer thinks that.

I get that too, and I'm not even autistic!

slenkar
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 6:17 pm

that is why I drink socially, so I dont do all that stuff you were doing, like playing with bottles.

olympiadis
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 12:19 am

campboy92 wrote:
Yesterday was so humiliating. I went out to a friends birthday and the bouncer pulled my friend aside and asked if I was "special" or "on drugs" and then she was like "no! He's just so different and cool and creative" I felt completely like a zoo animal. It was so upsetting I had to leave - I also kept stimming and putting my finger over the candle and playing with the empty beer bottle like spinning it, then these guys to the side kept screaming "come take shots" and I was like "no! I don't drink"

So messed up how I simply can't just exist on a planet, all I was doing was standing in line

Similar things have happened to me in the past. I try to avoid those situations, or be more conscious about my appearance.

MatchingBlues
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2014, 4:26 am

agwood wrote:
Why did that bother you? So what if a bouncer thinks that.

I get that too, and I'm not even autistic!

I always get asked if I'm a virgin. :/

Dillogic
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 4:48 am

The bouncer probably needed to know for your safety.

Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 4:49 am

going out to a bar is generally the ultimate extrovert activity, you'll get subjected to this ALL the time. i don't go to these at all.

i drink, but only with friends. and not very often.

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2014, 4:54 am

886 wrote:
going out to a bar is generally the ultimate extrovert activity, you'll get subjected to this ALL the time. i don't go to these at all.

When I go to a bar I'm wrapped up in whatever I'm eating or drinking to notice anything like that. I don't socialize.

Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 5:21 am

FedUpAsp wrote:
886 wrote:

When I go to a bar I'm wrapped up in whatever I'm eating or drinking to notice anything like that. I don't socialize.

i suppose if you have good friends and a good routine, it works out well.

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2014, 5:24 am

886 wrote:
FedUpAsp wrote:
886 wrote:

i suppose if you have good friends and a good routine, it works out well.

Whoops I meant to say "too wrapped up in whatever I'm eating or drinking".