Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 10:26 pm

Spoke to my Uncle yesterday about my Great Grandfather; oh yes, that man was definitely Autistic, no question in my mind about it.

In fact, I think even his father was too: the man was the lead dance instructor of the Hungarian Royal Palace in the late 1800s.

My great grandfather was a very peaceful man who did poorly in school, and got the everloving sh!t beaten out of him by his parents for it; funny enough his brothers were the more aggressive type. He came over to America at age 13, and had a love of cutlery, which he developed into a career, running several eateries in NYC.

He also took long walks every day to clear his head apparently, and according to my Uncle was the type of guy who was "a cut above the rest; a guy ya just couldn't forget".

Sounds like us, alright!

Wanna hear a creepy parallel? In many ways, a lot of his life sounds very similar to my experiences, but what gets even creepier is....he died the day my mom became pregnant with me.

I actually joked around with my Dad that his soul metaphorically went into my Mom, and I'm his reincarnation. :lol:

FerrariMike_40
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

04 Jun 2010, 10:51 pm

Interesting story. My grandma on my mom's side, every male on her side of the family sounds obviously autistic. High functioning, but glaring traits. All of my mom's family say I look, talk, act, I'm basically a clone of my grandma's brothers and dad. They grew up in typical Swedish families (very loving and supporting) in Minnesota during the depression, they grew up on a dairy farm but became engineers for the Air Force.

There is not a doubt in my mind I inherited my autistic traits from them. My mom even has a few traits of very high functioning autism.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 11:00 pm

My Grandpa and my aunt had quite a few autistic traits, though high functioning.

TheDoctor82
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jun 2010, 11:14 pm

my mom's side is definitely high-functioning; always has been, and during a time of severe conformity( which the early-mid 1900s indeed were), they managed to pull thru remarkably.