Page 5 of 6 [ 95 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 11:18 am

mgran wrote:
Well, this has finally annoyed me. My son and I have been going "asperger's high" at each other in whispery voices when we do anything obviously aspie (in his case going on and on about video games, in my case going on about Polish grammar, which is what I'm trying to learn right now.)

So, last night I was trying to get to sleep, and that whispery voice, "asperger high" kept going in my head. URGH!

Other than that, I still think it's funny.

*giggle*

I get dueling Aspies in the backseat sometimes, even my non Aspie starts doing it, to him it's normal. Sometimes they'll all three get on the same subject like Godzilla, or superheros, or they'll all do their same thing but be competing for which one mommy is listening to. I'll have sharks, robots, and superheros coming at me from three directions.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 11:33 am

I found it hilarious! :lol: Is it just me or did anyone notice how the characters in the beginning look into the camera, and then look away? as if they were unaware they were on, only to realize it and hide?

Dots
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 12:01 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:
I found it hilarious! :lol: Is it just me or did anyone notice how the characters in the beginning look into the camera, and then look away? as if they were unaware they were on, only to realize it and hide?

I took that as inability to hold eye contact. I thought it was pretty funny.

Free speech means the right to shout 'theatre' in a crowded fire.
--Abbie Hoffman

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 12:03 pm

Gosh, Kiley, you have my sympathy! My son was talking to his Dad on the phone yesterday. I could hear his Dad talking about Doctor Who, my son was talking about Marvel Super Heroes. They were at far ends of the country from each other, and it still drove me up the wall!

It is funny though, if I hadn't broken up with his Dad you can imagine the conversations would have been Doctor Who, The Hulk, irregular verbs in Cyrillic languages.

Sometimes we're lucky, and the conversation merges. We all like Doctor Who for example, but more often than not it's like that clip in the "movie".

How you manage to drive with three of them in the backseat I have no idea!

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:15 pm

Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I think that was their attempt at bad acting, to show that the actors don't have AS but are trying to fake it. That's how it seemed to me. Some of the actors could actually have AS, just played it that way.

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:21 pm

mgran wrote:
Gosh, Kiley, you have my sympathy! My son was talking to his Dad on the phone yesterday. I could hear his Dad talking about Doctor Who, my son was talking about Marvel Super Heroes. They were at far ends of the country from each other, and it still drove me up the wall!

It is funny though, if I hadn't broken up with his Dad you can imagine the conversations would have been Doctor Who, The Hulk, irregular verbs in Cyrillic languages.

Sometimes we're lucky, and the conversation merges. We all like Doctor Who for example, but more often than not it's like that clip in the "movie".

How you manage to drive with three of them in the backseat I have no idea!

Me either. Sometimes I insist that nobody talks at all, so we don't run off the road. Now, if they could all get onto something I like, like Dr. Who that would work. It used to be only two of them were into Godzilla so I had at least one alli in the "please, no more Godzilla, my head will explode" camp, now it's three for three. They do the same thing with superheros. They'll all start spouting off at once about why this superhero has the best powers, but they each are making a case for a different superhero, or they are making a case for various systems of classifying superhero's....technology superheros, radiation induced superpower superheros, mutation superheros...and they ping off each other. So one is doing some monologue and then takes excpetion to the other kids monologue and is now lecturing about how radiation induced and mutation are really one classification, while the other one is still...

Oh my. Next time I hear an Aspie complaining about living in an NT world, I might have to bite them (in my imagination only). It works both ways.

capriwim
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 1:27 pm

Kiley wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I think that was their attempt at bad acting, to show that the actors don't have AS but are trying to fake it. That's how it seemed to me. Some of the actors could actually have AS, just played it that way.

I interpreted it completely differently. I saw it as the AS person is fine and relaxed when not aware of being watched, in a merry world of their own, but the moment they know they are being watched, they are distracted and confused and want to hide. I'm the same - the moment a camera is on me, or if I'm aware of someone looking at me, my smile fades and I become awkward. I think it's partly the confusion of being simultaneously aware of two perspectives - me being myself, experienced inside my head, and me as someone being watched by others, experienced and interpreted in their heads. That's why I find eye contact so hard, because it immediately alerts me to the fact that someone is interpreting me. So it's like there are two versions of me - the one that I am feeling, and the one that others are seeing! It involves a kind of multitasking that I can't do!

Kiley
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 1:30 pm

capriwim wrote:
Kiley wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I interpreted it completely differently. I saw it as the AS person is fine and relaxed when not aware of being watched, in a merry world of their own, but the moment they know they are being watched, they are distracted and confused and want to hide. ....

Maybe that is what they were going for. I don't have AS myself and didn't pick up on that. I think I like your interpretation a lot better.

Jkid
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Jun 2010, 2:31 pm

Cringe-worthy is what I thought of this video, and I cringed while watching the entire video. I rather watch NBC's Parenthood that inspired the parody instead.

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 2:38 pm

I'm sorry, but how could you NOT find this "bust a gut" hilarious? :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is NO way on earth an NT could possibly put a vid like that together. None of them "get it" well enough to pull it off so well!

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

wblastyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 4:20 pm

MrXxx wrote:
I'm sorry, but how could you NOT find this "bust a gut" hilarious? :lol: :lol: :lol:

There is NO way on earth an NT could possibly put a vid like that together. None of them "get it" well enough to pull it off so well!

I have watched it several times now and every time I can't stop laughing, it's so funny! LOL @ Temple Grandin!

It reminds me of some of the AS support grops I've been to.

MechAnime
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 4:38 pm

capriwim wrote:
Kiley wrote:
Brainfre3ze_93 wrote:

I interpreted it completely differently. I saw it as the AS person is fine and relaxed when not aware of being watched, in a merry world of their own, but the moment they know they are being watched, they are distracted and confused and want to hide. I'm the same - the moment a camera is on me, or if I'm aware of someone looking at me, my smile fades and I become awkward. I think it's partly the confusion of being simultaneously aware of two perspectives - me being myself, experienced inside my head, and me as someone being watched by others, experienced and interpreted in their heads. That's why I find eye contact so hard, because it immediately alerts me to the fact that someone is interpreting me. So it's like there are two versions of me - the one that I am feeling, and the one that others are seeing! It involves a kind of multitasking that I can't do!

This is how I interpreted it, as well.
capriwim, I couldn't have come up with a better description of the issues surrounding being watched.
It's like when I learned of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle: I can relate!

Mudboy
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 5:05 pm

This is so over the top funny. It is good to laugh at ourselves sometimes.

arecibo_
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Jun 2010, 5:20 pm

This was hilarious. :D

"... is it wrong that I grabbed you?"
"I don't know."
"I don't know either..."

MathGirl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jun 2010, 7:03 pm

MechAnime wrote:
capriwim wrote:
This is how I interpreted it, as well.
capriwim, I couldn't have come up with a better description of the issues surrounding being watched.
It's like when I learned of Heisenberg's Uncertainty Principle: I can relate!
My solution to this is to block out thinking about what is going on in the other person's head and to focus on yourself only. Sometimes I have this issue, too, but when I'm in a more withdrawn, in-my-head state, I find that I do better in these situations.

Likely ADHD instead of what I've been diagnosed with before.

Yellow-bellied Woodpecker
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

13 Jun 2010, 7:55 pm

Im insulted Canon really, everyone knows the nikon 200-400mm is far superior to the Canon 100-400mm and dont get me started on ISO..... :lol: My favorite was the cow though !