Being sensible all the time....feels so boring but I prefer

Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

ponies
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

19 Jun 2010, 8:29 pm

I'm always so sensible. It seems that other people get to be irresponsible and life works out for them anyway.

I try to eat well so I stay healthy and strong. I always bring a jumper/sweater with me when I go out incase it's cold. I always take a snack with me because if I get hungry I feel dizzy and headache.

I always have safe sex, I've never had a pregnancy or an std. I don't drink alcohol to excess, I've never had a hangover. I drive my car carefully. I pay my bills on time etc etc.

I like the feeling of caring for myself and my wellbeing, but just once I'd like to be like everyone else and not care, or just deal with the consequences..........actually, no, I wouldn't. I'm happy being me and not having to worry about dealing with things that are the result of my own irresponsibility.

MeloJag
Raven
Raven

19 Jun 2010, 10:17 pm

I know exactly what your saying. For a long time i tried to fit in and it took me a while to figure out thats not the best way for me to live.

I no longer smoke weed. Dont have any more drinking nights so im hungover for practically all of the next day. If i do drink (hardly) its a beer or two max. No longer eat fatty nutrionally deficient meals (mayb once a week, but hey i gotta treat myself sometime). And i exercise at least 5 times a week, cardio and weights. And i plan on taking up yoga and maybe some form of martial arts.

Since I've started changing my life I haven't hung out with my friends much because all they do is smoke weed, drink, and play video games. I know they are starting to wonder whats up with me but I gotta do what i gotta do. There are nights (like tonight) Im all alone and the thought creeps into my head "this sucks right now, I wish i can join everybody else." But like you said I'm happy being me because I know this is the only way I can be successful in this life.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

19 Jun 2010, 10:42 pm

I've always been the sensible one, out of all the groups of friends that I've been a part of, over the span of my life.