What's wrong with me right now? Extreme Social Awkwardness

Page 1 of 1 [ 2 posts ] 

TabrisAngel
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

21 Jun 2010, 10:17 pm

I don't even understand what is going on with me this summer. I just feel like I can't communicate. I have even been having trouble communicating with my own family (even my dad, whom I am closest to). I just can't find things to talk about. I went to a barbecue tonight with a local anime club, and I could barely converse with many of the people there. I couldn't even say very much to my friend, and I just looked at him awkwardly for about a minute, until he said something about a book I had just got. When one of my friends was giving me a ride home, we barely talked until I got home. When I do decide to speak up, I end up saying things very formally, like "I will talk to you later" instead of "I'll see you later."

I have been doing very well here since I moved here almost a year ago, but I am now having trouble talking to people since this anime convention I went to a few weeks back. When my friend was driving me back home, I suddenly got this strange feeling in my stomach (like the feeling you get when you drive down a steep hill), I also feel very slightly dizzy. I don't understand why I have become like this all of the sudden. I have been through experiences like this in the past, but I get better and start talking again. As of late, I simply feel like being alone. I have had some family problems in the past that made me feel very depressed, but things are relatively calm right now (so I feel somewhat better). I have been getting more anxious as of late.

What is wrong with me? Is this part of Aspergers? or is it a sign of another mental condition developing (such as avoidant personality disorder or schizoid personality disorder). Does anyone else have a common experience to share?

forresthouse
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

Location: A place where I don't usually speak English (sorry for the mistakes)

21 Jun 2010, 11:10 pm

I felt the same way many times in the past.
A good friend of mine told me that I mustn't get discouraged and I had to keep going.
She also told me to stop fearing not to be interesting enough.

I remember once she asked me if I was thinking about something and I answered: "I'm looking for something interesting to say". She told me to be more confident and to stop fearing to be boring.

I hope this will help you... I think it did a little for me, I improved since then.

Forgive my mistakes, english isn't my language