Page 1 of 1 [ 7 posts ] 

jc6chan
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:19 pm

Ok, so you're sitting in a car (another person is driving) and the car will go along the same road for quite a long stretch. You are familiar with this road and you know that going from point A (densely populated urban area) to point B (countryside), the traffic volume will slowly die out. As with anything, input of traffic should be less than the output. At busy intersections, you try to see the pattern and see if there really is more cars leaving the road than cars coming in. Sometimes you notice the pattern but other times you can't seem to see the pattern and you get frustrated.

Anyone else have this or similar obsessions?

MrXxx
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:34 pm

Until now, no. I'm usually too focused on not hitting or being hit by the idiots around me.

After reading this, probably. Thanks.

Thanks a lot! :lol:

Now I'll probably be watching for the pattern, and have my first accident in almost twenty years! :lol: :roll:

I'm not likely to be around much longer. As before when I first signed up here years ago, I'm finding that after a long hiatus, and after only a few days back on here, I'm spending way too much time here again already. So I'm requesting my account be locked, banned or whatever. It's just time. Until then, well, I dunno...

Willard
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 7:56 pm

I occasionally have idle 'traffic light musings' about things like that, but like MrXxx, I keep my radar pretty firmly focused on the vehicles in my immediate vicinity, assuming they are all piloted by idiots who couldn't care less if they kill me, or themselves. 8O

I'm much more prone to focus on things like that when someone else is doing the driving. Then a distracting notion like that keeps me from compulsively stomping on the 'invisible brake pedal'. :oops:

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 8:06 pm

Willard wrote:
I
Then a distracting notion like that keeps me from compulsively stomping on the 'invisible brake pedal'. :oops:

My husband has one of those :lol: !
Actually I usually cant stand being a passenger....It makes me a nervous wreck!

Aimless
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 8:10 pm

liloleme wrote:
Willard wrote:
I
Then a distracting notion like that keeps me from compulsively stomping on the 'invisible brake pedal'. :oops:

My husband has one of those :lol: !
Actually I usually cant stand being a passenger....It makes me a nervous wreck!

My mother had one of those when I was learning to drive. Once I drove through some empty parking spaces in a parking lot and she said " You're killing people. You're killing people right now."

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

28 Jun 2010, 11:29 pm

That's been one of my life long obsessions. I love watching the pattern.

jdcnosse
Veteran
Veteran

29 Jun 2010, 12:07 am

I have some of them similar I guess. Like once I notice while driving in the county I live in, that all the north-south roads are numbered Avenues, and all the east-west roads are presidents names. Also the addresses on the east-west roads match up with the numbered Avenues, so 6855 would be near 68th Ave.

If someone else is driving, I try to not to pay attention to the driver even though I can't help criticizing everything they do.