What does your yearbook say about you?

Page 3 of 3 [ 37 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

04 Jul 2010, 4:42 pm

Cuterebra wrote:
Mine said nothing, didn't even have my picture in it. Just a name in a list, buried somewhere. I skipped graduation and drove west.

I tried to be absent on picture day every year, but by the time retake day came around (near the end of the schoolyear) I had run out of absences and had none left...so I had no choice but to go...or get straight Fs on my report card. My school district had a policy. If anyone had more than nine unexcused absences during the nine week period, they automatically failed, no matter what. Retakes were always during the last part of the third nine weeks, so I was stuck going.
I peered through my mom's old yearbooks and wanted one of those signs that said "gone fishing" or whatever where a photo should be. It became an ambition of mine. Each school year, my goal would be to get one of those signs instead of my schooldays photo. I never managed it.

edcop100
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

04 Jul 2010, 9:35 pm

"most likely to wear a flannel shirt"

I had a unique sense of fashion especially for a South Floridian

ericfromcowtown
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

05 Jul 2010, 11:47 am

When I look back at highschool, grade 12 was my most socially-successful year. I had friends, or at least acquaintances I could sit with in the lunchroom and drink with. A lot of people were getting someone else to write their yearbook entry. Since I couldn't think of what to say in mine, I thought I'd do the same. Unfortunately, I couldn't get anyone to write it for me, so I wrote it myself, but as if someone else was writing it. The problem, is that half way through I reverted to writing it in the first person. It was weird, and even nearly 20 years later I cringe at the memory.

carltcwc
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Jul 2010, 10:18 pm

It has my name under my picture.

liloleme
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2010, 12:01 am

I graduated from a teeny tiny high school with a whole 24 people in my class. I was named class clown because I made people laugh :shrug:
Most of the writing in my year book says.....You are a weird chick or you are a crazy girl. My freshman year book has a lot of references to Duran Duran who where my massive obsession during high school.