Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

leozelig
Toucan
Toucan

01 Dec 2010, 1:30 pm

You know the saying "actions speak louder than words," but does that apply for someone that takes words literally? Words have always had an extreme effect on me, yet a person's actions can sometimes go way above my head. Just thinking.

MidlifeAspie
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 5:50 pm

That idiom only works for NTs :)

Shadi2
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:18 pm

It depends on the actions, some are more obvious then others. Also depends on the person who performs the action (or say the words) and his/her attitude towards you. It depends also if you take the actions for granted, if you appreciate them or not (if you don't appreciate them you may not even see them). And there is also the ones who do supposedly nice actions for you, and/or say nice things to you, but have a hidden goal, in other words: manipulative people.

So for me it depends on the situation and the person. For example the person who is there for me but rarely says "I love you", versus the person who keeps saying "I love you" but is never there for me, in this case actions would speak louder to me.

On the other hand I have to be cautious with people who would maybe do something nice for me or say something nice but with intentions I don't know about and that may not be so nice.

Shadi

Last edited by Shadi2 on 01 Dec 2010, 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Rose_in_Winter
Veteran
Veteran

01 Dec 2010, 8:21 pm

Unless, of course, you are non-verbal, in which case your actions stand in for your words.