Sleep control part of the brain - Heart and other problems

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2009, 9:11 pm

Here is what I know,
When I wake up from a full sleep as long as I am up from that point, my heart beats pretty hard and painfully (feels like a tense knot) and I feel it through my body, my eyes burn, I'll have sort of high BP (135-150), but its not really what I feel that bothers me, its more what I don't feel that does. It completely changes how I perceive everything around me, its hard to explain, everything seems very dry, and sort of hard to pay attention to. I can't think properly. Its hard for me to form ideas together or remember things. I don't enjoy the experience of anything that I normally like doing, my skills in things I am good at become bogged down, I act - look - feel dead. I stutter more, and I don't seem to care about people like I normally would.

Relationship wise, when this happens I will have 0 chemistry, and I am not talking sexually. I just don't feel anything around the person, or any attractive girl for that matter. I know people with aspergers have a hard time externally showing empathy, but when this happens I honestly don't feel anything internally either, and when ever this happens its very frustrating.

The fix?
If this is happening and I simply purposely dose off for only maybe 5-10 secs (which is actually hard for me to do), and then wake back up it changes everything back to normal. I have numbers to go with it too. when I am feeling (messed up?) my BP is 135-150, but right after I do the dosing off thing, and then wait for a few minutes after feeling better, my BP is below 135 consistantly. If I don't do the dosing off thing, it will last all day. Now what it is, I don't know.

Here is a theory of mine as to what it could be,

The part of my brain that controls sleep (and the state of how my body is supposed to be) is damaged, and after a full sleep it does not bring me out completely or correctly. I have looked at diseases dealing with this part of the brain, and I have a few symptoms from each, but I have not found a perfect match.

For years I was in a pretty bad living situation with 6 people at least two were awake at any given time and I was always constantly woken up by fighting and such so perhaps that could contribute to that part of my brain being damaged? I have not found much of anything to support this but it may be possible.

Any ideas? Anyone else have this? I have found nothing.

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2009, 9:42 pm

From various sources, damage to the hypothalamus:

"Thalamus malfunction interferes with the transmission of sensations"
"malfunction interferes with short-term memory"
"reduced muscular co-ordination, slurred speech"

"it regulates sleep, wakefulness, sex, emotions, heart rate, and hormones"

---

These factors all correlate with the things I am feeling, or don't feel. But then again, some of these also go with aspergers. ehh...

unreal3x
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

30 Jan 2009, 10:05 pm

This is interesting,
"The reticular activating system (RAS) has received attention from neuroscientists interested in various pathological conditions affecting behaviour, such as Alzheimer's Disease and Autism."

"Although the functioning of this system is a prerequisite for consciousness to occur, it is generally assumed that this system's role is indirect and it does not, by itself, generate consciousness. Instead, its unique anatomical and physiological characteristics ensure that the thalamocortical system fire in such a way that is compatible with conscious experience."

pgd
Veteran
Veteran

08 Aug 2010, 5:22 pm

Thalamus
Hypothalamus
Midbrain
Pons
Brain stem
Reticular Formation
Medulla

Other