Medical questions regarding headaches and hallucinations

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Yonae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

27 Apr 2006, 3:14 am

Do any of you with Aspergers have cluster headaches and/or hallucinations like described below?

I've had a search through the forums here and I know some of you do get classical migranes with auras.

Was wondering if anyone out there got "cluster headaches". Some symptoms of cluster heaches are:
*Similar to migranes but generally only one sided and is a focused stabbing pain behind one eye causing tearing and droppy eyelid
*Nausea
*Come in clusters and onset at the same time each day for 4-8 weeks in a cluster
*Duration of the headache lasts about 2-4 hours.
*Sufferers will tend to bash their heads against a wall or pace or other motion to relieve the pain rather than try to lie still (which is another difference with migranes)
*No flashy lights or auras associated with onset of headache
*Also the headaches tend to come in clusters during the equinoxs for me.
*Alcohol in the smallest quantity will trigger a headache it in a matter of minutes.

And I hope you all don't think me crazy but when I tend to not get enough sleep I can hallucinate, happens about 3-4 times a year. I guess I am in between a sleep and wake state and think I see a spider or dragonfly or some insect that is crawling on me or flying around in the room. I can see it plainly and even hear it but when I switch the light on nothing is there. I search everywhere for it but nothing is there. I know there has been cases documented where one can start to hallucinate from lack of sleep for 4 days straight but I never got that bad. Anyone also get this?

jman
Veteran
Veteran

27 Apr 2006, 6:02 am

I used to have those types of headaches you described as a teenager, I would see little zig zags before I would get them. I think these eyelid headaches are worse than regualr headaches.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

29 Apr 2006, 5:56 am

Migraines most often are one-sided and often cause tearing and a droopy eyelid and "hallucinations" of the sort you describe and all the other stuff too.

Yonae
Hummingbird
Hummingbird

04 May 2006, 11:00 pm

anbuend wrote:
Migraines most often are one-sided and often cause tearing and a droopy eyelid and "hallucinations" of the sort you describe and all the other stuff too.

These headaches are different from migraines, you can check here to see the main differences:
http://www.mhni.com/faqs_cluster.html

And the hallucinations part was a seperate topic. I guess I should have been alot clearer when wording that. Thanks anyway.

Hel
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 May 2006, 2:52 pm

I get headaches from time to time that I refer to as migraines, because when I get one all I really want to do is lie in a quiet darkened room.
They do tend to be on one side though. They seem to be triggered whenever I am stressing very heavily about one particular problem, or if I think too much (quite literally)