Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Tiffinity
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

03 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

I find it really difficult to see defined edges on things a lot of the time. Everything seems to blend in together and it's hard to see objects standing out in 3D it's almost like I see mostly in 2D where it's all flat. It's very disorientating at times and I find I'm always walking into things, tripping up and generally making a show of myself. If something needs knocking over then I'm your woman - I will do it spectacularly - often with sound effects.

I have my eyes tested regularly and only wear glasses for reading and computer etc, but that still doesn't explain why everything looks flat to me except for certain angles.

Is it just me then?

Tiffinity.

Tollorin
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 11:23 pm

Could be the brain. The brain is what make sense of what we see and where perception is taking place. Autism bring a lot of weird neurological things different for each person.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

03 Mar 2011, 11:31 pm

You could have a subtle problem with using your eyes together that went undetected. That was my issue, my eyes weren't pointing in quite the same direction so they gave me prism lenses to correct it and I can now see in 3d. Still have trouble differentiating objects from each other, but that's a brain thing in me not an eye thing.