Laughing when a child gets into trouble.

Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

zeldapsychology
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 4:20 pm

Like when my little sisters/nephew get into trouble I laugh. Does anyone else do this? I've made topics on laughing before but was curious on focusing on laughing at children getting into trouble. The nephew is 3 so it's IMO that "cute" trouble phase and yet my sister AKA mom snaps at me to not laugh. This happens ALOT! Sometimes I think just stay home and don't go anywhere with your family except to get supplies (like toothpaste etc.) but I like eating out and don't want to be a hermit or like others on WP (no offense) but I like eating out with family/shopping with them I just wish I had someone else to do this stuff with that wouldn't get mad at me! :-(

SoSayWeAll
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 4:29 pm

Oh, man...I have to try SO hard not to do this all the time!

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 5:39 pm

The reason she doesn't want you to laugh might be because your nephew might think you are laughing at him and it might give him the incentive to act up again. I had a bf with a three year old brother and he would do things he wasn't supposed to and I would laugh and my bf would get annoyed at me for laughing because he interpreted it as being unofficial approval encouraging his brother to do it again later.

pumibel
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 6:48 pm

I think it is funny too! Parents sometimes get annoyed when you do that because it can undermine their authority- make light of a situation that they want taken seriously. I agree the kid might think you are laughing at their. I say, "haha you got in trouble!" if I feel the need to laugh.

Spazzergasm
Veteran
Veteran

15 Aug 2010, 6:58 pm

Yes! I used to do this. It was really mean.