Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Awkward
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

08 Feb 2018, 1:39 pm

Yes, I'm an internet addict. I can't leave my phone. I need to prepare for university exam right now. But technology takes my time. I sleep late, usually between 1-2 AM.

What do I do on my phone? Nothing really. I check social media and forums. Except this site, I'm member of a turkish forum website where antisocial people hang out. In fact it's a site about tech and computer hardware. But I usually post in off topic section.

I need to get rid of this addiction, how? It's boring and I dont have anything to do with my phone. But I'm still using it, like I'm addicted to screen. I need to solve this. Do you people have advices? Please help me. Thanks in advance.

Dear_one
Veteran
Veteran

09 Feb 2018, 6:17 am

I got addicted enough to a desktop, not that I go out much anyway. These days, it is getting so very commercial that I'm losing interest. Also, I sleep better if I switch to paper before bed. Of course, the key is to DO SOMETHING ELSE. I ride my bike, prepare food from scratch, and have a workshop for repairs and original work. I'm glad to say that when I was most addicted, there was barely a path through my shop, but now it is tidy and producing regularly. I find that walking and meditation are both routes to better moods without constant distraction, but for more interesting walks, I used to let my dog choose the route. Robert Fulghum has a story about a most interesting day following the man who stole his cigar, but almost anyone will do if you don't bother them, and you can switch anytime.

Exuvian
Veteran
Veteran

11 Feb 2018, 11:42 pm

Surely someone has invented an app to make your phone (temporarily) uncooperative with you. Some sort of timed lockout program maybe if you really want to ensure you won't be on it at certain times.

Edit:
Here you go.