Page 1 of 1 [ 16 posts ] 

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 9:16 am

I have been wondering for ages.

What is real autism?

What are the differences between autistic and tueronypical characteristic, if that isn't based on the DSM??

I'm confused what are the defining difference between AS and NT. It surely is not just of frequencay?

Please.

Thank you.

I read tomorrow I'ma ndapologize for my writing because and now I feel curious about autism.

So thank you in advance, very much so. Good chaps.

I wil lreturn some help tomorrow with my very own.......... :)

Also,how can OCD me medicated? I need help and I'm stressing out and I can't take it anymore I don't want to go out tomorrow but I have to. [People will tell me 'no it is in your head you dont need to do this' BLAH DE f*****g BLAH It isnt and it's god damn anoying because it cant be stopped. I need meds but never taken them before and I Have no idea what they do (legit never taken any) and I am worried of side effect and expense. I am not rich in real life. I am under national average and family is very disturbed.

I guess my pists make it seem like I am confident? Because I am never compalningi about myself?

But now I am so, Lol, let me see where this turns upo tomorrow. The thing is a part of me is worried because I am NT and do not bleong here. People are probably scared fof me because of all the NTs that have abused them in their life. I am really sorry for them doing that. I am not an ambassador but really it makes me really sad that lovely people are shunned.

I hope that Kraftiekortie is able to cheer you up when you are in a fight with an NT . He is the spreader of positive, if nobody knew that already.

Thank you.

EDIT - Sorry I porked the title I fixed it, it is now more gramatically correct.
Edit 2 - i'm going to sleep goodnight my pretties - that's what my dad used to say to me as a joke

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 10:29 am

Just because you are an "NT" doesn't mean you don't "belong" here.

WP is for people who want to advance the causes of autistic people--regardless of whether one is a family member of an autistic person, a friend of an autistic person, or even an NT curious about autism. Not to mention autistic people of all functioning levels.

Ask Alex--if you want confirmation of that fact.

I believe what sets people with autism apart from others is the natural feeling of "inwardness." All autistics feel most pleasure when they are "within themselves," rather than oriented towards the outside world. Solapsistic feelings, without other signs of "psychosis," frequently are present in autism. If you read Eugene Bleuler's definiiton of autism, you'll find a most apt description (even though his "autism" applied to schizophrenics).

You should also read Leo Kanner's description as well.

Have a nice day, Norny.

babybird
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 10:53 am

Although I have been at odds with the world in my life, I can't honestly say that I have been treated badly by NT people.

You are more than welcome on WP Norny.

Sleep well. :D

Campin_Cat
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 10:57 am

Norny, are you alright?? I've never read a post of yours, that had so many mistakes in it----even, sort of, incoherent, in places. I thought, at first, that you must be quoting someone else----you've always been so very lucid.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 11:38 am

My feeling is that Norny is all right...just somewhat irritated with things.

If you're NOT all right, you know you got support here on WP, Norny.

If you could function without meds, I would make the effort not to take them. Truly, everybody has "something" wrong with them. The key to living is adapting to your differences within the general society. You could also use your enhanced understanding in your pursuit of knowledge (see Neuroscience).

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

07 Dec 2014, 12:47 pm

Campin_Cat wrote:
Norny, are you alright?? I've never read a post of yours, that had so many mistakes in it----even, sort of, incoherent, in places. I thought, at first, that you must be quoting someone else----you've always been so very lucid.

What I was wondering. I thought he might have been drunk when writing it.

@Norny - I have enjoyed your posts up until now and have no problems with you being an NT (or with most NTs in general). If you are interested in talking about autism, then you're welcome to post here.

I can't really answer your question though; I have wondered about that quite a bit myself. Sometimes it seems to me that there is more difference between "severe" autistics and "mild" autistics than there are between "mild" autistics and NTs. I'm sure I'm wrong, but I think I'm affected from having read a very long article about "Issy", a severely autistic girl whose mother tried to murder her, in the Observer magazine today. However, it has got me thinking: trouble is, I don't have any profound conclusions to draw: I just don't know.

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 9:01 am

Norny is back to his usual self. He's okay (I hope he is).

Norny
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 9:17 am

Thanks for the replies. :rambo:

Yes I was drunk but the main cause of my rant was my tics. What I said about medicine was real. When I get increasingly stressed my OCD symptoms worsen and my tics occur far more frequently, and this all provides positive feedback, creating a snowball disaster. I guess it's similar to an autistic meltdown, where the person will lose increasing control and strike out more as they experience further turmoil. It snowballs. I think that my small NT rant was related to this, in that my issues are not recognized because I am 'NT' and 'normal' etc, but I know that isn't the case, that was just a weird emotional reaction.

I tried a 'Kraftie effect' and that was immediately rejected from my system because for whatever reason I am not a nice person to the extent that he is. That was in my mind when posting the OP yesterday. I think Kraftie is an amazing and fabulous and essentially anything that is synonymous with beautiful.

I am also trying to adopt what I refer to as the 'NiceCupOfTea effect', where drama is fun and I shouldn't always post like I am walking on eggs. Not that I won't remain as I do, just it will be like I downloaded a program that installed a cup of tea in my brain.

I love you Babybird and Campin_Cat I hope you have a great lives.

Also I am sorry for creating this thread. I can't edit or delete my OP now so I figured I would at least explain my actions before requesting it be removed (which I will do tomorrow, unless a mod sees this and does it).

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 9:20 am

Nah...Don't delete it. It wasn't embarrassing.

There are some threads I would advocate deleting immediately; this isn't one of these.

We all have our moments---we, who are on the Spectrum, know this all too well!

And...I'm not perfect. I could acquire a razor's edge if I'm attacked personally. I've been known to get a little too suspicious of people's motives...and have to apologize profusely afterwards.

FedUpAsp
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Dec 2014, 9:27 am

Glad you're okay, Norny.

Adamantium
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 10:12 am

I'm glad you're OK too.

One thing I learned that has probably saved my job a few times is: never hit "send" or "submit" while drunk!

I have a few fine rants that I "saved as draft" or just saved in a text file and then deleted later. In the clear light of a sober morning, I have never regretted not sending!

But don't be embarrassed by this, it's very human and that's a good thing.

NiceCupOfTea
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 2:24 pm

Glad you're okay too, Norny.

Quote:
I am also trying to adopt what I refer to as the 'NiceCupOfTea effect', where drama is fun and I shouldn't always post like I am walking on eggs.

I :heart: drama :p

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 6:58 pm

I like drama-comedies myself.

michael517
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 8:15 pm

I don't know what you have, but pretty sure you belong here.

And ---- sorry ---- but NT's have the whole f---ing world for their choosing, can't WP be a place just for us?

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

08 Dec 2014, 9:56 pm

That's what WP's for--for people with autism and their friends.

LoveNotHate
Veteran
Veteran

09 Dec 2014, 12:10 am

Norny wrote:
I think Kraftie is an amazing and fabulous and essentially anything that is synonymous with

I have never seen kraftie post anything objectionable though .... :mrgreen:

With regards to what is real autism to me. I would say as an adult, it is the trait of detail-focus. I think of this trait as caused by brain structure. That is how I understand my ASD as an adult. If I am asked to speak, quickly people would determine that there is something "wrong" with me, because I would express details to them, and perhaps seem fragmented.

Our minds seem to thrive on details, which probably go unnoticed by "NT People".