A lesson that it took me since February to learn.

Page 1 of 1 [ 4 posts ] 

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 10:16 am

I've just realized that I've been going on a tangent, for 7 months. Some one, here questioned me how I could make it, in the NT world, as a Kinks Fan, who favours Mick Avory - The Innocent Aspie. I've been rambling about how the NTs in my area actually respect and accept me more, with a 60s ideology, hair and clothes, more than they did, as a green haired punk. All of this, was bordering on bragging. I'm sure that member has gotten the message, by now. I'm putting the breaks, on my self defense on this issue, here. I will also enjoy my respect and acceptance, in my community, for what it is. People liking me better, because I'm being myself. I've stated my case many times, since February, and it's really getting old. Thank you, for reading this.

Lene
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 11:16 am

You've just stated it again :P

It's cool though. Honestly, even if what you do post annoys someone, it's still as much your forum as anyone elses (bar Alex) and you're not breaking any rules.

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 2:58 pm

I guess that I'm very proud of myself, for getting my life. I've once heard, that too much pride, was bad. I admit, that I'm not the most humble person, on the Internet.

Stellar
Veteran
Veteran

24 Aug 2010, 3:21 pm

Dude sorry but barely anyone cares whether you like the 60's or not. No one cares about your obsession with Mick Avory, or that you're a Kinks fan. It seems that you always have to mention it, but it usually isn't relevant.

Most people care about your intrinsic personality traits and other relevant things in life. People who already know you aren't going to change their opinion of you just because you change your hair. Anyways, who cares about the people who judge you unfairly just because of the clothes you wear? These people are probably not worth your time anyways.

You're a good person. I hope you realize that you are more than a Kinks fan or an ex punk fan. No matter the clothes you wear or the music you listen to, or the gel you put on your hair; you're a good person.