Have you been banned from other forums in the past?

Page 3 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8  Next

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:02 pm

When I was younger I got banned from a lot of places and it mostly wasn't intentional. I didn't understand the rules or appropriate behaviour. Now if I get banned from somewhere, I probably deserved it.

sartresue
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:18 pm

Not a banatic topic

Not as far as I know, but I have left some sites at which I used to post because I found them BORING.

WP is the most diverse, though I no longer post in every single section here.

Phuture Phounder of the Philosophy Phactory

NOT a believer of Mystic Woo-Woo

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:28 pm

Just one because I called a lesbian a fa***t for revenge for saying I am using my AS as an excuse. I found out they created a webpage to cyber bully me but after it all died down I joined it again with a diffrent name but soon lost intrest becuse for a Lion King fourm, no one talks about Lion King and they are a bunch of stick-in-the-mud normies who are afraid of outside the box thinking.

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:33 pm

I was banned from a left wing forum because they did not like my conservative views. I was called bigot, racist, homophobic, and a bunch of other labels that lefties love to slap on conservatives. It had nothing to do with my AS but everything to do with my political views. I am pro life because of me being on the spectrum...Im just lucky I had parents who chose not to abort me. Pro aborts would not stop until every AS person is aborted. I was banned from that site because I defended another pro lifer who they were slagging.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

Tory_canuck
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:39 pm

PunkyKat wrote:
Just one because I called a lesbian a fa***t for revenge for saying I am using my AS as an excuse. I found out they created a webpage to cyber bully me but after it all died down I joined it again with a diffrent name but soon lost intrest becuse for a Lion King fourm, no one talks about Lion King and they are a bunch of stick-in-the-mud normies who are afraid of outside the box thinking.

You could report them to the authorities. Cyber bullying and defamation are criminal offences. You can also sue them.And bullying you for Your AS is also a hate crime based on disability and that could result in a harsher sentence for them.

ALBERTAN...and DAMN PROUD OF IT!!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:49 pm

Tory_canuck wrote:
PunkyKat wrote:

You could report them to the authorities. Cyber bullying and defamation are criminal offences. You can also sue them.And bullying you for Your AS is also a hate crime based on disability and that could result in a harsher sentence for them.

I wanted to but I have no idea who they were. I'm not even sure if the webpage still exhists anymore but there is another called "Pony Land Catfights" and I'm not the only one considering legal action against them.

ocdgirl123
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 6:53 pm

I was banned from Neopets because I named one of my pets something that they thought was offensive, but I didn't mean for it to be that way.

I also visited a message board for a band and I wasn't banned, but some of the members got EXTREMELY mad at me for everything I posted!

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 8:22 pm

ocdgirl123 wrote:
I was banned from Neopets because I named one of my pets something that they thought was offensive, but I didn't mean for it to be that way.

I also visited a message board for a band and I wasn't banned, but some of the members got EXTREMELY mad at me for everything I posted!

What was your pet's name? I had a kougra named Player and no one complained but then I usualy keep my pet's stories to myself except for my smarty-pants kougra, Notaleigha.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

12 Oct 2010, 8:50 pm

WP is the first forum i ever really posted in, except for some small posts here or there, like on Etsy.

i tend to think that Aspies don't always know when they are breaking forum rules or being offensive, so sometimes the banning may be a surprise. however, when people say things like, "all i ever did was express my unpopular opinion", i think maybe we are hearing 25% of the story. people can say their opinions pretty offensively on WP (myself included), so i think it is probably the case elsewhere as well.

maybe it's more about the delivery than the content, but i often don't know any other way to say things other than bluntly, so i assume other Aspies are probably the same way.

MONKEY
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 7:36 am

PunkyKat wrote:

Welcome to the internet

MXH
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 8:30 am

Pistonhead wrote:
MXH wrote:
But at the end of the day you're still driving a POS mustang.
Also its more like Porsche>BMW>Audi>MB>VW

Ford currently tops the reliability of American manufacturers, has for a long time AFAIK I knew a girl with 300K on her 80s CV with a 302. POS and 400+hp don't go together very well anyways, especially when said car gets mid 20s MPG.

Porsche is not up there with BMW. BMWs are winning Lemons left and right, if Porsches were as reliable it would be 944s instead. BMW powered the McLaren F1, Porsche powered the CGT. Of the two I'd prefer a F1. Seriously why a V10 Porsche? You can make a V8 better than that! V12 is where it's at, coincidentally Jaguars and BMWs have the cheapest V12s. Also the CGT looks like a Porsche limo due to poor design but it only seats 2! With that long of a deck it should have a tailgate.

Dude I own an older 525 with 250k miles. Reason porsches don't win lemons is because you can't find a running one for 500 bucks. I'd take the cgt, way more epic sound and less look at me styling with just a tad bit enough to still be an attention whore. I'll be honest Porsche isn't what they used to be in late 70 early 80. They've made their cars slower thus easier to drive. Only real men can drive a 930 fast.

ToughDiamond
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 10:35 am

Tory_canuck wrote:
I was banned from a left wing forum because they did not like my conservative views.

Well, they wouldn't, would they? I'm sure I wouldn't last 5 minutes on a right-wing forum. What's the point joining if the views are going to be so different?

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 11:32 am

I recently got kicked out of a group on Babycenter just because I refused to leave the two no drama groups I'm in.

One of the forum owners decided to make a post saying you had to leave the other group or they will remove you and you have 24 hours. I said I hope it's a joke because I do not like being told what group I can be in and not and then I said if she is serious, remove me if she likes. The next day I was out.

Yeah I thought the rule was stupid and the owners were being a dictator because you couldn't have it both ways. It's either their group or the no drama group. So I protested and got kicked out.

So does this count as a ban? :wink:

TechnicalPacifist
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 11:44 am

I don't think I've been banned from anywhere.

Preston
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2010, 12:43 pm

Lol. Win!

I've been banned from Blizzard's forums over 100 times. Most of them are due to an alter ego with a handle that I say somewhere in most of the posts. I had my ban tally as part of my signature for a while. The forums ban by CD key, so once I got my e-paws on a long list of keys....

An alternate account here was banned, as I didn't know only one per user is allowed. A "no alts, please" message would've been enough :p

I've been banned from various other chat rooms and communities, for reasons less funny and more neurotic. I've helped myself become less neurotic since, thankfully.

Squirrelrat wrote:
I joined the Landover Baptist forums and pretended to be a gay male. I told one of the moderators that his avatar was cute. :lol: BANNED!

UrchinStar47
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

13 Oct 2010, 1:18 pm

Never banned, though I had one final warning with a death threat. :D