Have you been banned from other forums in the past?

Page 4 of 8 [ 124 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 2:42 pm

Never been banned.

Of course, the only other forum I've ever posted to has a very strict "no censorship" policy. There are NO moderators, and the one time that a post was deliberately deleted, the employee who did so got fired. It is IMPOSSIBLE to get banned from it. The only rule (unwritten rule, at that) was, "make a good argument or prepare to be verbally eviscerated." 8O Ah, good times! :lol:

another_1
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 2:50 pm

Pistonhead wrote:
MXH wrote:
V12 is where it's at, coincidentally Jaguars and BMWs have the cheapest V12s.

Actually, Jaguar discontinued their v-12 several years ago. And I would have to disagree that "V12 is where it's at, " While they are great on the track, IRL it seems as if everybody - including Jag, BMW & MB - ends up having reliability issues and ridiculous maintenance costs - God help the owner of one once it's out of warranty!

Anyway - sorry for the threadjack, but I had to put my 2 cents in.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 3:22 pm

I was banned from a forum once for posting a good by message. It was a support forum for depression. I had decided that I needed to stop posting because it was depressing to read about other's depression. But I thought that if I just disappeared it might be upsetting so I posted what I thought was a gracious "good bye for now message". It turns out the admins had decided this type of message was bad for the mental health of the other participants and I was immediately banned. I had to wait 60 days or something to be reinstated. I told them thanks but no thanks.

Very weird.

Pistonhead
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 3:48 pm

another_1 wrote:
Actually, Jaguar discontinued their v-12 several years ago. And I would have to disagree that "V12 is where it's at, " While they are great on the track, IRL it seems as if everybody - including Jag, BMW & MB - ends up having reliability issues and ridiculous maintenance costs - God help the owner of one once it's out of warranty!

Compared to a V10 I mean, V10s are the most ret*d large engine layout ever, there is no need for 2 more cylinders which serve to unbalance the engine. With a V12 an engine works like a smoother straight 6, each bank naturally balances itself so ANY bank angle can be used whether it's a narrow angle to fit in a thin engine bay or a wide angle to allow for straighter intake runners. The V10 is handicapped to being most effective at 72 degrees I believe. With a V8 you have either a crossplane or a flatplane engine. Ferrari makes flatplane engines, they work more like 2 individual I4s and usually have balance shafts like a majority of well built I4s but have less overall reciprocating weight than a crossplane which allows them to rev easier. The majority of crossplane V8s have heavy counterweights and use a 90 degree bank angle, which leads to VERY fat engines especially with overhead cams and because of the heavy counterweights they don't like to rev, hence why Ferrari and similar don't like them.

Any engine is only as reliable as the parts it's made of. A V12 just has more of them. Give me a V12 I don't give a damn if it's a BMW, Jag, Ferrari, etc. I can convert it to run Chevy LS1 ignition coils on a standalone ECU using fuel injectors off of a Japanese engine (NA Z32 270s = 500hp+, TT Z32 370s = 700hp+, DSM 440s = 800hp+) and it will be reliable enough to drive on a daily basis, the only question would be if I could daily drive it, the answer is probably yes assuming I use 2 seperate ECUs so I can run only 1 bank when I'm not racing and get possibly a little better fuel economy.

Preston
Raven
Raven

13 Oct 2010, 5:56 pm

Wtf? Is there more to the story?

wavefreak58 wrote:
I was banned from a forum once for posting a good by message. It was a support forum for depression. I had decided that I needed to stop posting because it was depressing to read about other's depression. But I thought that if I just disappeared it might be upsetting so I posted what I thought was a gracious "good bye for now message". It turns out the admins had decided this type of message was bad for the mental health of the other participants and I was immediately banned. I had to wait 60 days or something to be reinstated. I told them thanks but no thanks.

Very weird.

rmctagg09
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Oct 2010, 7:12 pm

I've never been banned from a forum, mainly because I follow rules and stay away from forum drama.

Dox47
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 8:08 pm

WP is the only forum I've ever been banned from.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 8:15 pm

I have been expelled from several Objectivist fora because I do not accept the infallibility of Ayn Rand.

ruveyn

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 8:21 pm

No, just ignored once in a while, but nothing major. I try to make nice. :)

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

13 Oct 2010, 10:00 pm

Preston wrote:

wavefreak58 wrote:

Very weird.

Not really anything more than what I said. It was really weird. They had very restrictive rules about certain things because there were some very fragile people on the site. But it seemed to me they were being far too protective.

hyperlexian
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 9:28 pm

wavefreak58 wrote:
Preston wrote:

wavefreak58 wrote:

Very weird.

Not really anything more than what I said. It was really weird. They had very restrictive rules about certain things because there were some very fragile people on the site. But it seemed to me they were being far too protective.

okay, so this is just a guess, based on having PTSD from having a family member attempt suicide 10 times (or more). anyways... do you think that maybe your 'goodbye message' could have appeared to be a 'goodbye, cruel world' post? even if it didn't really seem that way to you, the mods might have created the rule to prevent suicide notes on the site. maybe they couldn't make an exception because of the potential for people to take it the wrong way.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Oct 2010, 10:45 pm

hyperlexian wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
Preston wrote:

wavefreak58 wrote:

Very weird.

okay, so this is just a guess, based on having PTSD from having a family member attempt suicide 10 times (or more). anyways... do you think that maybe your 'goodbye message' could have appeared to be a 'goodbye, cruel world' post? even if it didn't really seem that way to you, the mods might have created the rule to prevent suicide notes on the site. maybe they couldn't make an exception because of the potential for people to take it the wrong way.

I think that may have been their rational, even it I was careful to say that it was not the case. I think the admins were focused keeping the "good by cruel world" posts off the site, but I was clear about why I was leaving and the followed the letter of the law more closely than its intent so I was banned.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 6:27 am

Yeah! I was banned from one forum, because I was too serious.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

zena4
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 7:16 am

I've been banned for the opposite reason :)

And I ejected myself from others which didn't want to let me go.

Brainfre3ze_93
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 7:56 am

I didn't get banned, but I stop going to that particular site. I said one little thing that wasn't even offensive, and it turned into a mocking war. Me v.s. other members, I got the hint and just left.

howzat
Veteran
Veteran

15 Oct 2010, 9:55 am

I have got banned from 2 forums the first one was wammonkey which is a WAM fetish site i came across as childish and the second one is leatherforever which is leather fetish site because i posted way too many posts and came across as a troll but i registered with a different username on that leatherforever site and since then things have been good.