Page 3 of 6 [ 89 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

aspi-rant
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 1:36 am

same here...

although i must admit that my 10 poloshirts now have a few more colors than before... i still only have two pairs of 501's (one black and one blue) and two pairs of shorts.

from spring to autumn i wear poloshirts, khaki/green shorts, bare feet and black flipflops

from autumn to spring i wear 501's and black turtlenecks, and when there's snow or very cold: black socks (only when wearing boots) and trackingboots.

and then i have two wool sweaters and two black fleece jackets.

and that's about it.

last year i got a two nice and warm winter jackets aswell!

TeaEarlGreyHot
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 1:38 am

I have only a few outfits that I wear on a regular basis when I leave my house.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 4:03 am

I don't have many clothes, so I often wear the same. But I don't wear dirty clothes, if something is dirty after one day, I wash it, not wear again. I hate dirty people and dirty clothes.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

menintights
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 8:18 am

silvercat wrote:
I once worked at an office where the women wore everyday a different outfit . I tried to do it every three days to better blend in.

I've found that the "neutral" look can do the trick. A white blouse and a black coat seem to be acceptable even if you wear them every day.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 11:05 am

I have 4 pairs of exactly the same kind of jeans. I also have 6 shirts that are the same, just different colors. All of my underwear is the same brand, style and cut. Most of my socks too.

I guess that is sort of like wearing the same clothes everyday ;)

I actually DO wear the same work pants every single shift. I change my shirts though cuz I think deodorant stains are gross.

Kiseki
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 11:17 am

League_Girl wrote:
I just consider myself too lazy to decide what to wear and to even bother getting dressed unless I am leaving my apartment.

Me too! I can't wrap my head around why people would spend time putting clothes on just to stay in the house. Plus that's just more stuff to wash later. When I'm in my house I wear pajamas and I wear the same pajamas every day for about a week.

squonk
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 11:51 am

I do, but I'm not aware that I do, if you understand that, I am meaning others might notice before I do.

earthmom
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 1:43 pm

Vector wrote:
I do this, sort of. It's hard for to find clothes I don't find too ugly, too expensive, or too uncomfortable to wear.. When I do, I tend to buy the same shirt or whatever in all the different colors they have that I like. That way, I can wear the same thing all week, if I want to, but since the color changes it seems to fall with the realm of acceptable behavior.

I learned this trick a long time ago, too.

I find that one thing I like and then buy multiples in all colors. 3 shirts that are white, 3 blue, 3 green, 3 red - whatever they've got.

I think of my clothes as "winter uniform" and "summer uniform" and wear the jeans/tshirt/hoodie or cut off jeans/tank top combos that are all the same but different colors. I does seem to work - people aren't alarmed when you're in a different color everyday for some reason.

I struggle with Spring and Fall a bit because they're in between my set 'uniform'.

-- Emerson

Severus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 2:05 pm

I have about 10 pairs of almost identical jeans and about 20 very similar T-shirts - usually black with prints - which I wear in turn. Pretty much like Sheldon Cooper, it's only the prints on the T-shirts that might be different.
Thanks God I often work from home so I don't have to dress differently every day and in the lab I wear lab clothes which are identical for all the people.
Only, I can't wear the same clothes for two days in a row without laundering them. Once I get anything off me, it lands in the washing machine. Blimey, I do wash a lot of clothes.

puddingmouse
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 2:35 pm

I have 6 office shirts, 3 jumpers, 3 cardigans, 4 pairs of office trousers, 3 pairs of jeans, 4 t-shirts, 3 dresses, 2 winter coats, a raincoat and a jacket. I have about 8 pairs of shoes. I replace things once a year.

Sparrowrose
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 5:58 pm

persian85033 wrote:
during the week, I have one pair of pants for everyday of the week, and the blouses that go with them. On Monday, I wear black pants with a green blouse, Tuesday, brown with a brown and black blouse, Wednesday, stripped with a colorful blouse, Thursday again brown with a red blouse, and Friday again black with a black and green blouse.

I tried a system like that after reading about it on Joel's site (whihc, sadly, no longer exists) but I usually have different classes on different days and I realized that by rotating my clothes like that, I was *still* giving the appearance of wearing the same clothes every day because my monday class always saw me in my monday clothes, etc.

So I tried making a new system and it got really complicated. Some of the people in one of my classes are in another so I can't just wear one thing all week or they'll notice. I had to make a system where I was wearing something different every day and not the same thing on monday, etc.

I wanted to stagger things so I was rotating through six outfits instead of five - so the outfit worn on Monday in week one would be the outfit worn on Tuesday in week two, Wednesday in week three, etc. but I didn't have enough outfits.

Plus, since I don't like to put things back in my closet after I wear them but don't have the resources to do laundry every day, I ended up with all my clothes laid along the back of the couch in the living room instead of hanging in my closet where they belonged.

Finally I just gave up and went back to wearing the same thing every day until it needed washing when I would switch to the next thing. It's just too exhausting to try so hard to put up the proper appearance to please others. My body is decently covered, my body and clothes are not smelly, and that's as far as I can go for other people.

Avatar=WWI propaganda poster promoting victory gardens.

kleodimus
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 6:02 pm

1 outfit will last me a week unwashed

PangeLingua
Toucan
Toucan

02 Nov 2010, 8:22 pm

I basically have a few outfits that I wear over and over.

Chama
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

02 Nov 2010, 8:31 pm

I have a lot of clothes, but I guess I'll stick to a few outfits every couple of weeks. It's so much work to decide what to wear with what, and I might get stuck on a certain article of clothing I really like that week. Say, a lace skirt, then I'll wear it a few different ways four or five days that week. I've always done it, but honestly, I don't remember anyone ever saying anything to be about it or caring about it. I dress "differently" apparently, though, so that might have something to do with it. I wear a lot of gothic lolita and victorian, or just frilly skirts, and platform shoes, so maybe people just don't expect you to have tons of those kinds of items and don't care or notice if you repeatedly wear some of them.

I've honestly never thought about it before. I didn't know people noticed things like that...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:06 pm

I have several of the same style of shirts and pants; the shirts are different colors. I wear one pair of pants and one shirt per day. It helps cut down on the annoyance of choices every morning.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Helixstein
Veteran
Veteran

02 Nov 2010, 10:43 pm

My parents have purchased an abundance of clothes for me, but generally I always find myself wearing 1 of 3 outfits.