Is there any kind of sensory torture that leads to murder?

Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

Mootoo
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:41 pm

I've been trying to endure many types of noise that people emit when they simply couldn't give a rat's backside about others... but the one thing that is impossible, physically depending on the proximity, is machines...

How anyone can deal with the sound of engines is beyond me... even a car left on is annoying, but tractors? Jackhammers? Some sort of razor that is louder than a baby solely to cut grass? If these things become long-term surely no one is able to withstand them... first two even shake one's entire world... so, honestly, I think if the torture goes on for long enough I could end up killing one of them... I mean, under such circumstances no one can even reach them through sound for obvious reason, so how else can the situation be resolved? (Most can't, of course, regardless of discussions...)

Why aren't these kinds of horrible noises really seen as torture by the UN or such, at any rate? I swear my mental state almost can't be distinguished from physical pain...

kraftiekortie
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 6:45 pm

Why don't you listen to some great Heavy Metal?

Edna3362
Veteran
Veteran

12 Jul 2016, 7:58 pm

Murder by sensory torture? I'm not sure if that's possible, it's already weaponized.

Enduring noises? There are some ways:
With occupational therapy via sensory integration.

But in my case, to be not overwhelmed by sensitivity and the lack of filter though I wouldn't recommend it: You should know your own limit first.
You shouldn't push the stimuli away or try deflecting it. Let it past through you and absorb it. Rise your threshold, not your tolerance. Tolerating is only good for short terms.
Also, one must rid of their anxiety.

Why? Let's just say I spent my childhood in the Tricycle Capital. :lol: Where New Years fireworks are launched by the locals, not hired professionals. Where karaokes exists and happens more than twice a week.
And, I was, a sensory seeker. I lost that status by anxiety. I regained it again.

Lose more time here - Updates at least once a week.

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 10:56 am

Stripes! Rosebud! :D

Jacoby
Veteran
Veteran

Location: Permanently banned by power tripping mods lol this forum is trash

13 Jul 2016, 12:32 pm

Ugh, I've never committed murder and don't intend to.

Sweetleaf
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 4:54 pm

Well because most people can handle normal exposure to such noises just fine....also if everything that makes noise is considered an instrument of torture how would anything get done? Just neglect tasks that need tractors to be accomplished, ban people from driving anywhere and neglect road/sidewalk repairs because jackhammers are loud?

The only real solutions I see are to wear ear plugs, listen to music on noise isolation headphones when you're out or just have them in your ears so its quieter. Either that or talk to a doctor about if there are any medications that can reduce such extreme noise sensativity(though not sure if there is anything like that).

dianthus
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 5:05 pm

It is a miracle that I never stabbed anyone with a pencil in school, lol, because the sound of a whole classroom of students writing with pencils makes me feel downright homicidal. I don't like to put comments like that in print because you never know how someone will try to twist your words, but in this case I just have to sympathize with the OP.

OliveOilMom
Veteran
Veteran

13 Jul 2016, 5:44 pm

Sometimes noises can be overwhelming but we have to either put up with them, leave the area or wear ear protection. It's known that loud noises are disturbing because there are laws banning the use of certain machines at certain times and it's customary to be considerate and not do something like vacuume the rug at 2am in an apartment. so while it makes you want to go off on someone who is making the noise, it's not a legitimate legal defense. However, loud noises like some metal music played constantly at a loud volume is considered torture and is used in questioning tactics at times.

The link to the forum is http://www.rightplanet.proboards.com

Jensen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Jul 2016, 1:47 am

Tickling!
I hit, claw, bite - I simply don´t care whether I hurt the other. It just has to stop NOW!

Loud noise can make me run away with pounding heart, - but tickling!

I think, it is the only thing, that can make me go absolutely nuts, to the point of violence - so I can´t control myself.