Page 2 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

18 Jun 2006, 7:35 am

I differ as far as I can tell in my response to touch. I hate being touched lightly, but ADORE firm strokes, hugs, pats ETC. Most of the posts I've seen here on the subject say they dislike touch, but if it's the right sort, I melt.

I also have a low tolerance of the cold, but a higher heat tolerance-during the 2003 heatwave, i was actually *comfortable.*

Julie

DivaD
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 8:40 am

JulieArticuno wrote:
I differ as far as I can tell in my response to touch. I hate being touched lightly, but ADORE firm strokes, hugs, pats ETC. Most of the posts I've seen here on the subject say they dislike touch, but if it's the right sort, I melt.

I also have a low tolerance of the cold, but a higher heat tolerance-during the 2003 heatwave, i was actually *comfortable.*

Julie

:lol: i'm like that too! *tight squeezy hug* :D though i don't like pats, i don't like being jolted. i love touch and hugs when they're done right but so few people get it right :( if someone touches me lightly it's so annoying, i can still feel it a long time afterward, i end up having to give myself a firm stroke where they touched me to get the feeling to go away!

i also liked the heatwave, if i remember right it wasn't just hot, it was dry too. i can't stand heat if i get sticky, which is what it's like at the moment ARRRRGHHHH!! ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

18 Jun 2006, 12:21 pm

um.... i wouldent worry about being to NT for this site. i myself am only borderline... well sort of, depends how stressed i am!

as for areas in which i am less affected iw ould have to say facial expressions i tend to get okay, and i also tend to be able to figure out who is who in things like nahboures... for exaplme the other day i turned around to a freinds mum and said who was the good guy (shorts smile, slight shine on his face white teeth) and who was the bad guy (suit, angery no shine)

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

Veresae
Veteran
Veteran

18 Jun 2006, 1:38 pm

Man, is it gonna be awkward for me to tell my dad that it's Autistic Pride Day, considering how well we -don't- get along.... >.<

lastwish
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

18 Jun 2006, 4:30 pm

lets run naked through the streets!

maccer
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

18 Jun 2006, 5:53 pm

:D :D HAPPY AUTISTIC PRIDE DAY!! ! :D :D

Isnt it strange that i discover autistic pride day on the 18th of june and find out its nearly over.... :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: but nevermind. i also registered on this site the same day so thats a bit of a landmark in a way,

hello everyone.

JulieArticuno
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

20 Jun 2006, 8:10 am

DivaD wrote:
JulieArticuno wrote:

Julie

:lol: i'm like that too! *tight squeezy hug* :D though i don't like pats, i don't like being jolted. i love touch and hugs when they're done right but so few people get it right :( if someone touches me lightly it's so annoying, i can still feel it a long time afterward, i end up having to give myself a firm stroke where they touched me to get the feeling to go away!

i also liked the heatwave, if i remember right it wasn't just hot, it was dry too. i can't stand heat if i get sticky, which is what it's like at the moment ARRRRGHHHH!! ! :evil: :evil: :evil:

*tight firm hug back* So.....I'm not alone! WHEEE!

Yeah, humid heat SUCKS......it feels like I'm suffocating.

To totally change the subject, my doctor has agreed to refer me somwhere...so i'm 1 step closer to diagnosis.

Julie

hadapurpura
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2006, 3:25 pm

subatai_baadur wrote:
I disagree with the cheery attitude of this whole thing. This is not the time for celebration among the autistic community. This may very well be the last generation of autism, save for those third world countries that cannot afford genetic prenatal testing(hooray?). We need action, not picnics.

Ok, so I won't be part of the last generation! first time I find an advantage about being from a 3rd world country!! ! ---> it's not that we can't afford it, it's that it hasn't come here yet... but yeah, I agree with you. There's a thing I don't understand: the autism ribbons are for autism pride or autism research for a cure?

Quote:
Autism is everyday
jijiji!! ! that made me laugh...

If my dad knew about the autism pride day, he would say "oh, another day created by merchants so we go out and buy gifts..." ---> he says that on christmas, love and frienship day (colombian valentine's), mother's day, father's day, etc...

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

21 Jun 2006, 7:02 pm

How I'd rather celebrate autistic pride day:

Stay in my room.
Read about physics.
Play really old computer games that I'm obsessed with and nobody else remembers.
Count to ten thousand by square numbers.
Listen to a book on tape and pretend the annoying outside world doesn't exist.
Do anything BUT get myself involved in a huge, noisy spectacle with heat and crowds and noise and a thousand people who would much rather be doing what I'm doing on this day.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

Wolverine-X
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

21 Jun 2006, 9:45 pm

It's been a long time
Should've seen it coming miles away
It's been a long time
Things have finally fallen into place

I'll never forget my history
I'll make my own destiny
Wear A & M proudly
So many different cultures
Living together so beautifully
So much heart, so much passion
It just makes me want to scream

I wanna jump and scream
In a stadium full of Aspergians

It¢s been a long long time
Now we've finally made it down the road
It's been a long long time
And our hearts has had told us so

It's been about 100 years
But the curse has finally broke
And now it's been spoken
That we're here to stay
I've never seen so many people
Jump and scream in a stadium
I know I am, you are, we are Aspergians

I wanna jump, I wanna scream

I wanna jump and scream
Wearing my A and M

---
Adapted from Original song from Freedom of Thought - "Green and Gold", Socceroo's world cup song its awesome :D