Page 1 of 1 [ 5 posts ] 

Qi
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2010, 5:29 am

Whenever I make someone laugh (in a good way), I find myself spending a lot of time thinking about what I said or did, and repeat it in my head and appreciating it from different angles.

I also find myself laughing when others laugh, even when I don't really have a clue what they're laughing about. I know it's normal for our laughter to be affected by others, but I feel like my personal sense of humor at these times is completely idle. I find comedy series very helpful in teaching me when to laugh with the canned laughter.

It's rather funny, my sense of humor seems to have become "objective", and I learned what kind of humor appeals to what kind of people.

maddycakes__
Raven
Raven

11 Dec 2010, 6:08 am

Quote:
Whenever I make someone laugh (in a good way), I find myself spending a lot of time thinking about what I said or did, and repeat it in my head and appreciating it from different angles.

I do this too, if I manage to make a joke. To be honest though, most of the time the other person only laughs because I laugh (yeah, at my own joke) and then they find that amusing, not so much my bad jokes. The thing is, I can't make (and/or understand) jokes that are too complex so the only jokes I make are very obvious ones that most people don't really find funny. When they do find them funny, and subsequently laugh, I get really pleased and like you, find myself thinking about it a for awhile afterwards. Most of the time when I make people laugh it's not on purpose though...I always end up doing things that seem a bit silly or odd, but not on purpose. For example I often say things really loud in class when the class is quiet and everybody laughs at me but I didn't mean to say it that loud! It's a bit embarrassing sometimes but on the other hand usually people are not laughing at me in a malicious way so I don't really mind, I guess.

Valoyossa
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 8:04 am

People laugh really often, so I often think if they laugh just because they want to or maybe they laugh at me. When I say something, f.e. because teacher asked me, I think Did I say something inappropiate or funny? Did I behave wrong? Or maybe I used wrong words, maybe with double meaning?

I don't need to smile/laugh when I'm with people. Sometimes I do this to pretend more normal.
I laugh, but only when I am alone and I feel safe.

----
My Industrial Love: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBo5K0ZQIEY

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 8:07 am

Valoyossa wrote:
People laugh really often, so I often think if they laugh just because they want to or maybe they laugh at me. When I say something, f.e. because teacher asked me, I think Did I say something inappropiate or funny? Did I behave wrong? Or maybe I used wrong words, maybe with double meaning?

I don't need to smile/laugh when I'm with people. Sometimes I do this to pretend more normal.
I laugh, but only when I am alone and I feel safe.

People laugh often because it is good for them and it feels good. What they laugh at and why is an entirely different question.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

11 Dec 2010, 11:31 pm

the lions' share of comedies and other purportedly funny things [comic strips, comedians, et al] totally fail to move me in any way. but "news of the weird" sometimes makes me drool in violent laughter.