Page 1 of 1 [ 3 posts ] 

Autumnsteps
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2010, 10:50 am

I wondered in worry and anxiety are common features in Asd. I have always worried excessively about everything. It's like a chain that's set off but the tiniest thing. I worry, then I worry about every aspect of the worry, every possibility, every outcome and all the worries that shoot off from each of those.... ! mainly they'll be centered around people or something someone will do, which makes it all worse because I know I'm socially inept and miss so many things it makes me worry even more :? :(

Adamantus
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2010, 11:40 am

I think it's a perfectionisn trait. Through social anxiety training I learnt that there is no perfect way of doing anything so anything I do will be ok. I try to remind myself of that. In actuality I think it's ok to only put 75% into most tasks but I think due to the mistakes we make we generally overcompinsate. Can't say I don't worry though, I'm doing it right now I think that I will generally be ok once I've made a decision about something but until then I'll be incapable of stopping.

SuperApsie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

13 Dec 2010, 12:13 pm

I think they are prime in ASD.

When you are very young and you realize that you make some mistakes without you knowing it, repeatedly, well it's very easy to start to question everything.
The only comfortable way out I know is to build things by asking yourself the right questions and if you can't get an answer directely, to make out loud (putting words is important) some supposition, put some probabilities on the possible outcomes. You'll always get one answer later in one form or another.