Page 2 of 3 [ 33 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Chronos
Veteran
Veteran

21 Dec 2010, 11:01 pm

indigo-oak wrote:
I find my job frustrating and it kills my mind every day, I do data entry and it's the same stuff every day, every week. No variation. I hate it.

I'm about to burst today but I'm only working to noonish and of course the day is going extra slow :roll: I want to walk out now and go home. I listen to music to block out the sounds etc but sometimes I just want quiet and no sounds.

So just wondering what other jobs AS people do and do you enjoy it?

I'm in the process of moving house, which in turn means I need to get another job, very welcomed!

I would think data entry would be a rather horrible job for someone with AS, as most of us would be rather slow at it I imagine.

kfisherx
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 1:51 am

I am a Sr Technical PM at Intel Corp. I LOVE my work as it is varied and challenging. Today I built a BIOS, tested it on the next generation platform, wrote up defects (and debugged them) and made sure there were test cases. I also supervised the contractors in the lab, played a game of nerf gun wars with my peers, went to the gym and a free movie. Tomorow, I will build an application, prepare a presentation for next week's status meeting and leave early to go see my shrink. My job rocks.

League_Girl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 2:36 am

I work as a janitor and I like my job. I move around at work so it keeps me active and it's in routine, sometimes a change occurs like I have to do someone else's work because they are out of town or called in sick or whatever. Good thing this is my last week because I have been in pain since 3AM this morning off and on. Dumb contractions.

Daughter: NT, no diagnoses.

Sahmiam
Raven
Raven

22 Dec 2010, 2:48 am

I have not had a job since 2005. I have had 3 jobs total, two of which lasted less than a year, one slightly more than. I have started and stopped college 3 or 4 times. Someday I would like to have a job again. I feel like there are a lot of viable options, but none with sustainability for me. It's frustrating.

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 7:19 am

Software implementation and pilot testing.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 7:34 am

j0sh wrote:

Testing pilots sounds like fun. What do you do when they crash the plane?

j0sh
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 7:40 am

wavefreak58 wrote:
j0sh wrote:

I roll up some news paper and hit them on the nose. Then I tell them "bad pilot!" in a stern voice. 8)

b9
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 8:21 am

Last edited by b9 on 22 Dec 2010, 4:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Craig28
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 11:06 am

What's employment? :lol: Nah, seriously, modern slavery doesn't suit me.

jagatai
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 11:19 am

I do visual effects and motion graphics for a small advertising agency / industrial film company. If a nice closing animation is needed to show the company logo at the end of the film, it falls to me. If someone shot an interview and there's a sesame seed stuck to his lip, but they really need that shot, I get to erase the seed. Need to composite someone shot against a greensceen over a new background; that's what I do. I also do a bit of photography and post processing on the images.

The boring part of my job is when I get stuck doing technical support stuff like the other day when the editor output a film and the bottom half of the image was cut off for no apparent reason (I suspect it's a codec issue) I often end up fixing things that no one can figure out why they've gone wrong.

oddone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2010, 11:55 am

Big databases. Logistics industry. Delivering the cheap and nasty Chinese made consumer tat no-one can survive without. :D

oddone
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Dec 2010, 11:56 am

j0sh wrote:
wavefreak58 wrote:
j0sh wrote:

I roll up some news paper and hit them on the nose. Then I tell them "bad pilot!" in a stern voice. 8)

I must try this next time my flight is late. :D

Maje
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 12:21 pm

Im a freelance translator. For this my perfectionism is useful, and the biggest challenge is the communication with the constituents. Sometimes I use half an hour to write 3 lines when delivering a job. :oops:
Its not my dream job, but its much better than a job with fixed working hours and coworkers.
I also cant complain about the payment :D

Kon
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 1:53 pm

I was a cleaner (janitor) for many years. I then finished a pharmacy degree and worked as a pharmacist for ~ 3 years until drug abuse and anxiety issues forced me to quit. I'm unemployed now.

starygrrl
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 2:01 pm

I work in IT doing records modernization/knowledge management. I love it, but it is not for everybody.

ruveyn
Veteran
Veteran

22 Dec 2010, 5:23 pm

I am retired now.

When I was working I did applied mathematics and software.

ruveyn