Page 1 of 1 [ 8 posts ] 

ApsieGuy
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 5:35 pm

So, I am riding the dam bus like a loser. I open up my facebook only to see a list of people who are doing great. It makes me not like my life! Anyone else feel this way?

Soleil
Butterfly
Butterfly

08 Jan 2011, 5:59 pm

I feel the same way too, especially when something in my life doesn't follow my internal schedule like school or life in general.. It is surprising how bitter one can become when checking Facebook and see happiness when one feels like there is nothing to be happy about.

Just remember to think positive (though the gods know I hate getting that advise) and try to think that whatever good mojo they are feeling will come around to you too!

Avengilante
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

08 Jan 2011, 6:26 pm

I made a similar complaint recently in an email to an old friend from high school, about how I rarely even log on to FB because I get sick of having to struggle through my own life and then look at all their smiley, happy posts about how wonderful everything is in their lives.

Now, he still lives in the area where we went to school, but I live several states away, so I don't ever actually encounter any of these people anymore. My friend wrote me back and said "Don't let that get to you, I know for a fact all but one of those people got divorced within the past year, and the other one when you see them in person never stops talking about how much they hate their spouse."

So don't assume that just because their online posts make everything sound idyllic, that's actually what their lives are like. They just don't want everybody to know how crummy things really get.

astaut
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 7:09 pm

I get a little (sometimes a lot) depressed now and again.

Oh and by the way...people rarely put their true feelings on FB. They'll put what makes them look "cool" and stuff. There's a lot of people on my facebook that look really interesting online but IRL, they aren't nearly as cool as their page.

Simonono
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 7:27 pm

I have been depressed for a very, very long time. There are many a number of different causes of mine. I am very slowly on the way to recovery, with a little help from my medicine :D.

PunkyKat
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 7:34 pm

Yes. I want to be a vet more than anything but everyone keeps telling me that is impossible and that I should but my focus on beign a vet tech/nurse. They do not realise how upset that makes me.

Allan
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

08 Jan 2011, 11:03 pm

I like to think of the line in 500 Days of Summer "loneliness is underrated".

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

08 Jan 2011, 11:36 pm

I feel quite the opposite. I'm happy and satisfied with my life. I don't need a bunch of people in my life to be happy. Besides, mainstream society and its dwellers are a waste of my time.