Page 1 of 1 [ 10 posts ] 

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 6:03 am

This is in response to the Synesthesia thread. I thought you all would find it interesting. There are three tests, one each for weekdays, numbers and months.

http://synaesthesia.feinheit.ch/en/syni-test/synaesthesia-test/

So, take them and see what you get! :)

happymusic
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 6:16 am

The results are complicated. I'll try to make them brief here:

Test-Results

My score: 80 %

average synaesthetes:
92 %
average non-synaesthetes:
25 %

Commentary:
Your results clearly indicate that you could be a synaesthete.

Colour table:
The color table for the days of the week was pretty consistent.
Commentary:
You have selected similar colors. This is a positive indicator for synaesthesia.

Evaluation flash-test (Explication)

Points Flash: 100 / 100
Points Stroop: 90 / 100
Reaction time Flash: 1236 ms
Reaction time Stroop: 1599 ms
Commentary:
You reacted very quickly and always recognized your personal color. This is a positive indicator for synaesthesia.

Evaluation questions (Explication)

Our questions are designed to evaluate whether your answers are typical for a synaesthete. The higher the score, the more likely it is that you are a synaesthete.
Commentary:
You've answered the questions in a typical way for a synaesthete.

Moog
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 4:27 pm

I did the numbers one.

Syndex: 79 %

"Your results indicate that you could be a synaesthete but it is interesting that you haven't answered all questions in a typical way. Maybe you haven't chosen the color not spontaneously like a synaesthete would do but you were thinking actively which color you should apply."

Haha, caught me. I was trying to fake synaesthesia. I don't think I really am one.

Who_Am_I
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 5:29 pm

I did the weekdays one.

Syndex: (Explication)
93 %

Je grösser der Syndex, desto grösser die Wahrscheinlichkeit, dass du Synästhesie haben könntest. Der Syndex nimmt exponentiell ab. Bitte sei dir bewusst: das Resultat des Synästhesie-Tests stimmt nicht immer. Wenn du nicht zufrieden bist, mach den Test nochmals.

Wenn du nur wenige Farben ausgewählt hast, dann kriegst du einen Abzug. So wollen wir verhindern, dass Teilnehmer, welche z.B. nur immer "schwarz" wählen, einen hohen Syndex erreichen.
average synaesthetes:
92 %
25 %
Penalty::
0 %
Commentary:
Your results clearly indicate that you could be a synaesthete.
Colour table (Explication)

Here you can find an overview of your test result. The broader the bar,the more consistent you were in your choice of colours during the different sets of graphemes. Red indicates a low consistency. Yellow indicates mixed results and Green indicates a perfect consistency in your choice of colours for a given grapheme.

Where you chose "transparent" the results are presented in black.
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

Monday
Monday
Monday

Wednesday
Wednesday
Wednesday

Friday
Friday
Friday

Thursday
Thursday
Thursday

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday

Commentary:
You have selected similar colors. This is a positive indicator for synaesthesia.

Reaction time Flash: 629 ms
Reaction time Stroop: 874 ms

Beim Stroop-Task erkennen Synästhetiker wie auch Nicht-Synästhetiker ziemlich schnell, ob das Farbwort in der dazugehörigen Farbe gezeigt wird oder nicht.

Beim Flash-Test hingegen sind nur die Synästhetiker fähig schnell und korrekt zu erkennen, ob ein präsentiertes Element in der individuell richtigen Farbe erscheint.

For synaesthetes the reaction time during the Stroop-Task and the Flash-Test will be more or less equal, whereas non-synaesthetes show significantly reduced reaction times completing the Flash-Test.

Here you can see a list of your answers during the Flash-Test. Green means that you correctly recognised if a grapheme was presented in your personal colour. Red indicates the opposite reaction.
Right answer Your answer
Saturday Your colour Random colour
Wednesday Random colour Random colour
Friday Random colour Random colour
Thursday Your colour Your colour
Sunday Random colour Random colour
Tuesday Your colour Your colour
Commentary:
You reacted very quickly and always recognized your personal color. This is a positive indicator for synaesthesia.

Our questions are designed to evaluate whether your answers are typical for a synaesthete. The higher the score, the more likely it is that you are a synaesthete.
Commentary:
You've answered the questions in a typical way for a synaesthete.
Evaluation Gender (Explication)

Some synaesthetes perceive graphemes as possessing a personality.In our test we measured your grapheme to gender associations. A score of 100 indicates a perfect consistency in your choices.
Commentary:
You chose the same genders. This is typical for synaesthetes.
Evaluation Out-In-Space (Explication)

Out-in-space-Syndex: 100

In this test we evaluate your perceived spatial arrangement for consistency. It is fairly typical for many synaesthetes to perceive a week, month or year as a spatial arrangement. However, as many non-synaesthetes also have shapes, etc. representing their week, month or year the Out-In-Space Module should be considered as fun rather than as a tried and trusted scientific test.

Schema der Zeichnung Nr. 1

Schema der Zeichnung Nr. 2
Commentary:
You arranged more or less the same shape. This indicates that you could might have this type of synaesthesia. Please note: this test is rather fun than a scientific tool because also non-synaesthetes can easily imagine a shape.

Deceptive cadence: V- ANYTHING BUT I ! !! !
Beethoven cadence: V-I-V-I-V-V-V-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I
-I-I-I-I-I-I-I-I! I! I! I I I

Ferdinand
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 5:49 pm

I got bored.

But colors do make me feel differently, and each day has a color.

Callista
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jun 2010, 6:02 pm

They didn't think about the way numbers may have shapes. Most of my numbers are not round black blobs. They're three-dimensional geometric figures.

Oh, well. I kind of doubt I've actually got synesthesia; I'm just a visual thinker using visual tendencies to think about numbers.

Autism Memorial:
http://autism-memorial.livejournal.com

sudokugirl
Butterfly
Butterfly

17 Jan 2011, 8:14 pm

It was so great when I was studying logic
and the teacher had accidentally divided the
last assignment into b) c) d) e) f)
instead of the regular a) b) c) d) e)
It was relaxing to do the assignment because
I see the letter a as red which looks terrible
with the colours that come with b) c) d) e).

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:37 pm

OK.

My results have my wondering WTF?

I score 91 but I have NEVER thought of days in terms of colors. I basically assigned colors that mirrored my feelings about different days. I hate Mondays so it got an ugly color.

I still think I am not synesthetic. I just consistently associated colors and feelings during the test.

Meh.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 10:59 pm

Syndex: (Explication)
83 %

average synaesthetes:
92 %
25 %
Penalty::
0 %
Commentary:
Your results clearly indicate that you could be a synaesthete even if you haven't answered all questions in a typical way.
Colour table (Explication)

Here you can find an overview of your test result. The broader the bar,the more consistent you were in your choice of colours during the different sets of graphemes. Red indicates a low consistency. Yellow indicates mixed results and Green indicates a perfect consistency in your choice of colours for a given grapheme.

Where you chose "transparent" the results are presented in black.
Saturday
Saturday
Saturday

Monday
Monday
Monday

Wednesday
Wednesday
Wednesday

Friday
Friday
Friday

Thursday
Thursday
Thursday

Sunday
Sunday
Sunday

Tuesday
Tuesday
Tuesday

Commentary:

Reaction time Flash: 1200 ms
Reaction time Stroop: 947 ms

Beim Stroop-Task erkennen Synästhetiker wie auch Nicht-Synästhetiker ziemlich schnell, ob das Farbwort in der dazugehörigen Farbe gezeigt wird oder nicht.

Beim Flash-Test hingegen sind nur die Synästhetiker fähig schnell und korrekt zu erkennen, ob ein präsentiertes Element in der individuell richtigen Farbe erscheint.

For synaesthetes the reaction time during the Stroop-Task and the Flash-Test will be more or less equal, whereas non-synaesthetes show significantly reduced reaction times completing the Flash-Test.

Here you can see a list of your answers during the Flash-Test. Green means that you correctly recognised if a grapheme was presented in your personal colour. Red indicates the opposite reaction.
Right answer Your answer
Saturday Your colour Random colour
Monday Random colour Random colour
Wednesday Random colour Random colour
Thursday Your colour Your colour
Sunday Your colour Your colour
Commentary:

Commentary:
Some questions were answered in a typical way for a synaesthete, others weren't. No conclusion possible.
Evaluation Gender (Explication)

Some synaesthetes perceive graphemes as possessing a personality.In our test we measured your grapheme to gender associations. A score of 100 indicates a perfect consistency in your choices.
Commentary:
You chose the same genders. This is typical for synaesthetes.
Evaluation Out-In-Space (Explication)

Out-in-space-Syndex: 76

In this test we evaluate your perceived spatial arrangement for consistency. It is fairly typical for many synaesthetes to perceive a week, month or year as a spatial arrangement. However, as many non-synaesthetes also have shapes, etc. representing their week, month or year the Out-In-Space Module should be considered as fun rather than as a tried and trusted scientific test.

Schema der Zeichnung Nr. 1

Schema der Zeichnung Nr. 2
Commentary:
You arranged more or less the same shape. This indicates that you could might have this type of synaesthesia. Please note: this test is rather fun than a scientific tool because also non-synaesthetes can easily imagine a shape.

________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

I did the weekday one.

Jediscraps
Veteran
Veteran

17 Jan 2011, 11:25 pm

I didn't know really about gender for days. Days and such don't really feel like male or female to me. At least I didn't think so. But it says I scored the same genders.