Question regarding Asperger's and hormones

Page 3 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3

emimeni
Veteran
Veteran

04 Oct 2012, 5:27 pm

I have PCOS, and actually have polycystic ovaries, but no insulin resistance. I take birth control. It makes life a bit easier.

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 9:28 am

emimeni wrote:
I have PCOS, and actually have polycystic ovaries, but no insulin resistance. I take birth control. It makes life a bit easier.

wow. i tried taking birth control... it made my head hurt, I couldn't get enough oxygen to my brain with my bra on even MOre than usual- hence why I no longer wear a bra) ;O and I was, to be perfectly precise, rendered dumb as rocks by the extra hormones. Also, it made me want to puke in the car even MORe than normal, only I never puke anymore, i just sit there miserable. ;)

;) so, i cannot take those thingies. does anyoen else have all that?
lucky that yo ucan nad it helps you though, so awesome on you for that!

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.

idratherbeatree
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

05 Oct 2012, 10:19 am

Just thought I would cash in on my own endocrinology.

I have VERY high levels of Adrenaline, which my doctor is trying to regulate with medication.
I'm also transgender, and on HRT. I take an Anti-Androgen and Estradoil. The Oestragen levels are pretty normal, but my T level fluctuates if I ever forget a dose.

TARDIScompanion
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

05 Oct 2012, 10:39 am

idratherbeatree wrote:
Just thought I would cash in on my own endocrinology.

I have VERY high levels of Adrenaline, which my doctor is trying to regulate with medication.
I'm also transgender, and on HRT. I take an Anti-Androgen and Estradoil. The Oestragen levels are pretty normal, but my T level fluctuates if I ever forget a dose.

ugh. fluctuation. i can't imagine dealing with MORe fluctuation than what's already up here -pokes brain and ovaries-... you are awesome.

"What goes bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud, bang thud? - - -A Time Lord committing suicide." - Graffito the Prydonian.