Page 1 of 2 [ 26 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

SkippyP
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

06 Jul 2006, 4:23 pm

Does anyone ever have one of those days where you just don't feel like talking? It could even be something I'm normally interested in, I just don't feel like going through the effort of composing my thoughts and speaking them aloud. I'm usually still okay with conveying thoughts through text format like an IM program or a message board.

Raph522
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 4:38 pm

i have days like that. I am usually OK with talking but its nice to give yourself a day off.

Fiz
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:40 pm

Definitely, sometimes its such an effort talking to people. When I feel like this all I want to do is be alone in my own space watching a film or whatever.

Vinzer
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 5:55 pm

I usually don't feel like talking to most people just about every single day, but there are those few really awful days where I completely clam up.

just_me

06 Jul 2006, 8:15 pm

If I've had to deal with alot of people in any one week I end up feeling all talked out and just want to be on my own for some recovery time.

TijuanaLady
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

06 Jul 2006, 9:32 pm

Yes, It happens.
There are days (today for example) I want to talk to nobody, just sit in my room or take a solitary walk.

earthmonkey
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

06 Jul 2006, 11:05 pm

Me lots of times! Especially after school. When I was in elementary and jr. high, we had regular lengths of school days and practically no one liked me, and whenever someone did bother to talk to me, I'd only get a few words out, so usually I was pretty talkative by the time I got home or was on my way home (though I'd still have my days or moments when I wouldn't want to respond to others)

However, when I got to high school, I made friends, and so spent a LOT more time talking at school. Additionally, the school days are longer by almost three hours here, so I usually have to have a few hours to recuperate (sp?), and I have to eat dinner, shower, and do homework, so there are times I don't speak very much.

Other days, I don't feel much like speaking for most of the day.

It all depends, but talking (outside of perseveration) is not a natural tendency of mine.

--G. K. Chesterton, The Aristocrat

CockneyRebel
Veteran
Veteran

06 Jul 2006, 11:20 pm

I have days like that. I just spend time in my Bedroom, attending to my Hobbies, or work on a Puzzle on days like that.

overflow
Blue Jay
Blue Jay

07 Jul 2006, 1:46 am

Yes. More often than not I feel that way.

Morphia
Sea Gull
Sea Gull

07 Jul 2006, 7:43 am

Yep, i have days when i don't feel like talking, con't be bothered getting words out, stuff like that. It used to drive my sister mad when we were kids, because i would refuse to talk to her for know reason. ie; i wasn't angry with her or anything. She used to say i was sulking but i wan't, i just didn't feel like talking.
Now when i'm like that sometimes people notice and think i'm sulking/upset/angry/tired, take you pick :) But i'm fine, just being quiet.
Those are proably the days when i 'm really not with it anyway and am off in my head and my own world.

larsenjw92286
Veteran
Veteran

07 Jul 2006, 8:45 am

I feel the same way.

jammie
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

07 Jul 2006, 12:07 pm

i think i need to answer yes to this one. on the forums i often refer to myself as semi-mute, this is because quite often i stop talking all together for a while, there are normally a number of reasons, but the main three are - not knowing what to say - mpt wanting to say somthing that will offend acidentally - notbeaing able to get my words out - or not wanting to make any more noise. like you i am normally fine wit most for of other comnication, with both IM and BSL being common ones.

jammie

$lion = "constant";
$lil_lion = "escape";
$baby = "dum dum, babo";
$jammie = $lion."sheepy and my comforts";

$jamie = $lion.$lil_lion.$baby.$jammie;
?>

Mork
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

07 Jul 2006, 4:06 pm

I have lots of days, especially at work when I just don't want to talk to people. I'd rather just get on with my work and let everyone else talk about their mundane topics. lol

stuckinthedesert

07 Jul 2006, 4:38 pm

For me those days are called Saturday and Sunday. I have to converse so much during the week for my job that I hate to have to talk unnecessarily during the weekend. It’s not like I hate my family and friends its just that I need a break it is like they don’t understand how mentally tiring it is to carry on a conversation about virtually nothing.

"Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe."

neongrl
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 11:21 pm

earthmonkey wrote:
talking (outside of perseveration) is not a natural tendency of mine.

Lol, that's a good way of putting it. Most of the time I don't talk much. People complain that I'm too quiet. But like you said, it's not a natural tendency - the idea of saying something out loud doesn't even cross my mind unless I have something really important to say.

bizarre
Veteran
Veteran

10 Jul 2006, 11:33 pm

I don't talk that much at work either. And i can only take so much of listening to BS. It is always so negative. Like complaints and bad-mouthing others behind their back. How nothing would get done if it wasn't for them. How they dont' get treated the way they think they deserve to be. Spreading gossip and rumors etc. etc.