Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2011, 7:41 pm

Anyone else particularly excel with the block design? :o 8O

sandrana
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 10:36 pm

I thought it was a lot of fun :) I also did an exercise where I had to name as many animals as I could, and then an exercise where I had to name a man's name, then a piece of furniture, then a man's name, etc (which was suprisingly hard for me)

I really enjoyed the sense of freedom that came with doing the tests. Knowing that the testers were experienced in dealing with people with quirky behavior allowed me to really focus. I just had to try my best and not worry about how long I took or how right or wrong my answers were or if my mouth was hanging open while I was thinking. It was nice to know that all of that stuff was contributing to their understanding of me and whatever my problem(s) might be.

anbuend
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 11:02 pm

Yep I was really good at the block design. Like one other person on this board, I completed the first design before the guy could get his stopwatch in gear. It was the part of the test I did the best at.

Kail
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

01 Mar 2011, 11:28 pm

Yah, they are a lot of fun, I could take these tests everyday :o
Too bad the block design didn't have more blocks and harder shapes (like an ASD version)

Uta Frith, in her book Autism: Explaining the Enigma,[5] addresses the superior performance of autistic individuals on the block design test. This was also addressed in this earlier paper.[6] A particularly interesting article demonstrates the differences in construction time in the performance of the block design task by individuals with and without Asperger syndrome. An essential point here is that in an unsegmented version of the task, people with Asperger syndrome performed significantly faster than neurotypical individuals.[7]

buryuntime
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 12:04 am

I scored average. Matrix reasoning is my strong point.

ColdBlooded
Veteran
Veteran

02 Mar 2011, 12:55 am

My scores on it weren't spectacular either. Slightly above average, i think. It was kind of fun though. I like blocks and shapes, lol. My scores on the verbal parts were all super high, but the rest varied.