Page 1 of 3 [ 36 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2011, 9:08 am

The other day I was at a hardware store and I noticed in one isle they had big tubs full of washers nuts and bolts. I couldn't resist submerging my hands in the big tub of washers. It felt really cool. I think I do it every time I'm at the hardware store.

Anyone else find them selves doing that or something similar.

nemorosa
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 9:13 am

I like to submerge my hands in sand (fine and dry type) or flour.

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 9:25 am

Washers are fun.

Nails, not so fun.

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2011, 9:26 am

nemorosa wrote:
I like to submerge my hands in sand (fine and dry type) or flour.

When I used to go to the beach I liked to be buried in the sand. That one is still cool lol. I just don't frequent the beach anymore :(

ediself
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 9:35 am

When a woman is wearing a fur coat in front or me in line, or has really shiny hair, i have to actually remind myself that touching it is frowned upon. But the urge is intense :P

chris09
Tufted Titmouse
Tufted Titmouse

01 Mar 2011, 9:47 am

ediself wrote:
When a woman is wearing a fur coat in front or me in line, or has really shiny hair, i have to actually remind myself that touching it is frowned upon. But the urge is intense :P

I could see the fur coat thing, but I could not touch some one else's hair. It just grosses me out :(

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

01 Mar 2011, 9:57 am

ediself wrote:

When I was younger I used the touch the hair of other people in front of me, sneakily. I also used to touch others fur coats and stuff. I was a kid though and it wasn't as frowned upon. When I got older though it became obvious it wasn't the right thing to do. In middle school though I had a friend who liked to be pet.

Dgosling
Snowy Owl
Snowy Owl

01 Mar 2011, 10:31 am

ya i do the same thing
idk why but it just feels cool :D

GammaGeek
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 11:23 am

chris09 wrote:
The other day I was at a hardware store and I noticed in one isle they had big tubs full of washers nuts and bolts. I couldn't resist submerging my hands in the big tub of washers. It felt really cool. I think I do it every time I'm at the hardware store.

Anyone else find them selves doing that or something similar.

Sure do. My mom always made me put my hands in my pockets whenever we went somewhere like that so I wouldn't jump into every bucket of small metalic items. For awhile I kept a box of screws and bolts from dismantled TVs, computers and radios for the same reason.

I love the texture of cool, smooth metal. Especially with cars; even now I have to pocket my hands whenever I walk by a car so I don't touch it and set off the alarm.

alone
Toucan
Toucan

01 Mar 2011, 12:13 pm

Scanner wrote:
[When I was younger I used the touch the hair of other people in front of me, sneakily. I also used to touch others fur coats and stuff. I was a kid though and it wasn't as frowned upon. When I got older though it became obvious it wasn't the right thing to do. In middle school though I had a friend who liked to be pet.

Omgosh that is darling. I like to have my head pet..patted lol. This thread is fun.

:)

animalcrackers
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 12:24 pm

I do that with sand, stones (little ones, like pebbles in potted plants), and dirt (not mud though--mud just feels gross).

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

01 Mar 2011, 12:31 pm

Bird seed. A big tub of cool, tiny polished seeds and a pair of happy hands scooping it up and pouring it from one to the other.

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

01 Mar 2011, 2:14 pm

I've done the tubs of washers, change, sand, I forget what else. I love it.

sterfry
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 2:39 pm

When I was a child my mother had this tub of buttons that I loved to dig my hands into. I'm almost tempted to go to an arts and crafts store to feel that again.

_Square_Peg_
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 2:45 pm

This is why sculpture was one of my favorite classes. Not only I get to be creative, but I also get the chance to squish my hands into some cool wet clay. It's such a wonderful feeling. Even when I was little I enjoyed the feeling of Play-Doh in my hands. Most of the time I wouldn't even mold it into anything at all, I'd just squish it around.

Oodain
Veteran
Veteran

01 Mar 2011, 3:54 pm

BB's ahh :oops: 8O

the scent of the tamarillo is pungent and powerfull,
woe be to the nose who nears it.