NT, uncertain 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Uncertain, uncertain 6%  6%  [ 2 ]
Other 0%  0%  [ 0 ]
Total votes : 31

DandelionFireworks
Veteran
Veteran

10 Mar 2011, 10:49 pm

Aargh, I'm really sorry. If I ask "do you have PTSD?" I'll get disproportionately many people who DO, though.

Post-traumatic stress disorder is probably something you know more about than I do if you have it, since I don't and haven't read about it. All I know about it is that it's a reaction to traumatic events and involves flashbacks. At least, I think that information is correct. I'm sure it's a really big topic and I don't know anything about it.

So basically, I want to know if it's more or less common in us than in NTs. If the results are promising I might run some more polls with more specifics. "Aspie" here is general everyone-on-the-spectrum Aspie. If you're a non-NT non-Aspie (for instance, if you were schizophrenic), pick other, although I guess that's probably not the only reason to pick other (but I can't think of any).

NOT A DOCTOR

Verdandi
Veteran
Veteran

Location: University of California Sunnydale (fictional location - Real location Olympia, WA)

10 Mar 2011, 11:51 pm

I said Aspie/uncertain.

I've been diagnosed with it, primarily because I have rather intense reactions to situations that remind me of trauma (fight reactions). I also have a history of abuse. They're not impairing so much but they make it difficult for me to interact reasonably with people. But I don't think I have enough symptoms that really qualify. It may be that I have the more subtle "complex PTSD."