Page 1 of 2 [ 20 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2011, 12:48 pm

My daughter is currently taking Gingko Biloba + Gotu Kola (1 capsule), Magical Alchemical Elixir (2 drops twice daily), Cardio-Vascular Formula (3 capsules), Brain Tuner (3 capsules) and children detox from Dherbs. However, she still experience palpitation + mild seizure (raising of hands) every morning upon waking up. She experience mild fits once a day usually in her sleep/nap and get a severe seizure once every 10-12 days also during her sleep/nap. She was also diagnosed as Asperger Syndrome when she was seven and has improved considerably but not able to focus and easily get irritated. She likes to flipflop her hands a lot and always in wonderland during class. Not able to understand and totally lost in class though she has a very good memory. I also bring her to temple every week to pray and seek spiritual guidance and apply Reiki to her everyday. At present I just do not know what else to do to control her seizure and morning palpitation. Will Epson salt bath help in her epilepsy and anise powder water help in her palpitation. Your guidance and help is much appreciated.

Something is going on while she's sleeping (visiting another realm). It sounds like it could be something from a past-life. Consider placing crystals near her bed and under pillow. Crystals such as amethyst, selenite, angelite, quartz, turquoise, black tourmaline, pink or purple lepidolite, lapis lazuli, sodalite, etc.

My son has now been given a diagnosed of Aspergers by the school system. When I took him to the doctors for a second opinion, they agreed. I do believe he lacks some social skills. I read the articles you ran on Autism which lead to my below questions. The "Magical Alchemical Elixir", and "(6) Sixth Chakra Elixer", Can you explain how I should administer the above? Do I give them to him at the same time? I drop him off at 6 am, and do not see him again until 6 pm. What type of dosage will I need to give? He is going to the six grade, but schools will not allow him to take supplements in school.

The instructions are on the bottle of each product. You can add them to a glass of water (perhaps a water bottle), and the child can drink it before he exits the car for school. I'd suggest 2 dropperfuls of both formulas simultaneously. But the chakra elixir can be taken sublingually.

Right, quite interesting.

mechanicalgirl39
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 1:03 pm

Jesus! These people are dangerous...

wavefreak58
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 1:14 pm

Woo woo ...

Another car in the train wreck of magical thinking.

Woo woo ...

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 2:19 pm

Reiki really works. It is not some silly placebo as many people say.

Gingo Billo-whatever should not be used on young people as it thins the blood. it caused me to have palpitations.

i dont know about all the other stuff. they may be beneficial but might not be being applied appropriately here.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 2:25 pm

That s**t is crazy, go to a doctor for help, not some as*hole peddling random stuff he may not even know anything about. Alternative medicine is dangerous, you put yourself in the hands of someone without any legitimate medical training or knowledge of real biology. You gamble with your safety, based on the penchant for risk taking of the practitioner. Not worth it. Asides the fact that magic isn't real..

Last edited by Vigilans on 14 Mar 2011, 3:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Scanner
Velociraptor
Velociraptor

14 Mar 2011, 2:50 pm

My mother sometimes gets certain things from there. Not everything there is bad, but the guy gives some seriously bad advice. On the forums his people were saying a full body detox can get rid of autism.

Vigilans
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 2:53 pm

Scanner wrote:
My mother sometimes gets certain things from there. Not everything there is bad, but the guy gives some seriously bad advice. On the forums his people were saying a full body detox can get rid of autism.

Certainly there are herbs that have benefits. I mean medicine does come from nature, in a way, but herbalists, alternative medicine practitioners... they have no right to be making assertions about life-serious things
The whole 'detox' concept is fraudulent, I have yet to actually see one of the 'toxins' they talk about. Let alone saying detox can 'get rid' of Autism :lol:

LabPet
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 3:10 pm

Egads. Everything in the alchemy cupboard but the common sense? Did you try waving your hands?

In all seriousness, if one is experiencing a seizure disorder then appropriate medication (that is, prescribed by a medical doctor (not a witchdoctor) just makes sense to avert potential untoward complications. Nevermind the epsom salts and anise power water! Instead, think antiepileptics (e.g. carbamazepine, phenytoin, etc.). Seriously, dunk the gingko biloba + gotu kola magic. Instead, how 'bout a kids multivitamin?

Remember, keep it simple. As far as 'visiting another realm?' Umm....that might be termed dreaming. Look, I don't mean to be facetious, really, and you seem like you mean well as a parent, but AS individuals tend to be uber-logical. So you may as well get accustomed to it now. I truly hope no one is persuading you to buy healing crystals or the like - that's a load of baloney. In all respect to other's beliefs, you do need to be rational and think about common sense approaches that work.

Is there someone, a trusted elder perhaps, that could speak to you at temple? Because, most importantly, you ought to think about what's right for your child (and not the magic). Best to you and, in all fairness, you do seem to be on the right path in that you are a caring parent (or you'd not consult us). Maybe your kids are old enough to have input too.

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 3:21 pm

Since you have some money judging by the treatment you have been able to pay for so far i would advise ditch a lot of the medicine and buy foods with a high nutrient density

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S6pYEaMb0Uo[/youtube]

LostAlien
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 3:59 pm

I've found Reiki to be good because I had a knee injury that didn't stop hurting for three years, I went to a Reiki practitioner and the pain started to go. The lady was very nuts but it did work. She wrote a booklet and asked if it was ok by me if she used me as an example of her success stories (I said ok because my knee was no longer hurting) and she said she cured my Aspergers (utter bs).

I also find crystals make me feel good but it is probably a placbo effect. I've used St. Johns wort and it brought me from crazy crying to utter calm. Herbal medicine should be regulated, the fact that it's not keeps many people thinking it's harmless. I've been told by a few people that you can't overdose on it (which isn't true). Valerian can't be taken with blood pressure medication because of the bad effects for example (Valerian can also be used for high blood pressure).

Zen
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:06 pm

Quote:
And try as hard as I like,
A small crack appears
In my diplomacy-dike.
“By definition”, I begin
“Alternative Medicine”, I continue
“Has either not been proved to work,
Or been proved not to work.
You know what they call “alternative medicine”
That’s been proved to work?
Medicine.”

-Tim Minchin

LiendaBalla
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:17 pm

Scanner wrote:
Something is going on while she's sleeping (visiting another realm). It sounds like it could be something from a past-life. Consider placing crystals near her bed and under pillow. Crystals such as amethyst, selenite, angelite, quartz, turquoise, black tourmaline, pink or purple lepidolite, lapis lazuli, sodalite, etc.

I DO want to fall off the bed and get a lapis in my eye, or start chokeing on a tubular Amethyst, after it goes down my throat, when I dream about my past scarey death. Good idea, doctor who gave me wierd stuff!

PatrickNeville
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:31 pm

LostAlien wrote:
I've found Reiki to be good because I had a knee injury that didn't stop hurting for three years, I went to a Reiki practitioner and the pain started to go. The lady was very nuts but it did work. She wrote a booklet and asked if it was ok by me if she used me as an example of her success stories (I said ok because my knee was no longer hurting) and she said she cured my Aspergers (utter bs).

I also find crystals make me feel good but it is probably a placbo effect. I've used St. Johns wort and it brought me from crazy crying to utter calm. Herbal medicine should be regulated, the fact that it's not keeps many people thinking it's harmless. I've been told by a few people that you can't overdose on it (which isn't true). Valerian can't be taken with blood pressure medication because of the bad effects for example (Valerian can also be used for high blood pressure).

Certain herbs are amazing and yes others are dangerous. In society people should do more to warn everyone to research into potential dangers and not believe something is either safe, harmful or ineffective based on one study. Variety of resources are always a great thing.

I like to use http://www.naturalnews.com/ (it always uses sources) as a starting point for researching into foods, supplements and other products but trace back the original links to clarify an agenda was not being pushed and ask friends who are knowledgeable also.

mgran
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 4:54 pm

Would these idiots treat diabetes in the same way? What complete and utter bollox.

Surfman
Veteran
Veteran

14 Mar 2011, 5:00 pm

I just changed medical doctors due to poor service. It can happen anywhere, and herbal treatment is no exception

Cornflake
Administrator
Administrator

14 Mar 2011, 5:10 pm

PatrickNeville wrote:
Variety of resources are always a great thing.
And no substitute for some serious research and double-blind testing.

Tim Minchin (via Zen) got it exactly right.