Page 1 of 1 [ 9 posts ] 

anonymoussun
Yellow-bellied Woodpecker

22 Mar 2011, 10:19 pm

Has anyone here with aspergers ever felt like a zombie when it comes to caring about things in life, losing interests?

ooOoOoOAnaOoOoOoo
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:27 pm

I feel like one without a cup of coffee 8O
Officially, I have given up coffee, so I try to motivate myself to move the best I can.

auntblabby
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:28 pm

i feel like a zombie most of the time. today, it took me two hours to persuade myself to go out and bicycle around the neighborhood. anything involving any kind of exertion takes all my mental energy just to take the first steps. i lie in bed in the morning, and it takes me two hours to summon the gumption to do my morning exercises and get up and get the paper and get dressed and such. on wrong planet, when i have exhausted all the threads which interest me, it takes me at least an hour of just sitting and contemplating my navel, before i can switch gears and do something else. everything is super-slo-mo with me.

TheMidnightJudge
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 10:37 pm

It's hardly restricted to asperger's people, in my experience. I'd be surprised if someone told me they'd never felt zombielike, at least for a little while.

Mack27
Deinonychus
Deinonychus

22 Mar 2011, 10:49 pm

My brother and I invented a martial art called Zombie Kung-Fu. You slowly advance towards your attacker with arms extended with a low moan. The goal is to grab your attacker and bite them. It works way better than you'd think.

krill

22 Mar 2011, 10:51 pm

auntblabby wrote:
anything involving any kind of exertion takes all my mental energy just to take the first steps. i lie in bed in the morning, and it takes me two hours to summon the gumption to do my morning exercises and get up and get the paper and get dressed and such...it takes me at least an hour of just sitting and contemplating my navel, before i can switch gears and do something else. everything is super-slo-mo with me.

I am so like that. When I'm working I'm always on time and have no problem focusing on the work, but on my own time I spend lots of time spacing.

So now I'm breaking everything down into baby steps and telling myself, all I have to do is put my shoes on, or stand up, etc. So far it's mostly working.

However, most mornings the only way I know I'm going to get up reasonably fast is to make a choice to put off exercising until later.

I'm actually kind of procrastinating right now. I need to finish composing an email that's hard for me to word right. So what am I doing instead?

Apple_in_my_Eye
Veteran
Veteran

22 Mar 2011, 11:11 pm

A certain stage of depression feels like that to me. No interests -- just boredom and numbness. Ucch.

tomboywriter101
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

Location: In my writing, where things are the way I want them

22 Mar 2011, 11:14 pm

In the spur of the moment, I feel like I'm making my own decisions. When I look at my past years, it seems like a zombie was the only thing I ever really was.

Agree: 4,6,13,16,18,19,20,22,39,41,45: 1 point
Disagree: 1,3,10,11,14,17,27,30,32,36,38,44,47,48,49: 1 point
Score: 26

mikey1138
Pileated woodpecker
Pileated woodpecker

23 Mar 2011, 1:31 am

I heart zombies!